Hello!~~~

Welcome!~

It has now been ten years since I started this blog. How quickly time goes by! We are many members but we are one in the body of Christ. Therefore you do not journey alone! Hopefully through this site you will be encouraged by the fact that many things you are going through in your own walk, others are going through (or have gone through) as well. Sometimes we think we are "going through things alone." But we are not. God said that "He would Never Leave Nor Forsake Us." (Hebrews 13:5) and that "There is Nothing New Under The Sun." (Ecclesiastes 1:9). No man is an island. It's easy to forget that. May the words in this blog help you to think, encourage you in whatever spiritual state you are in and may the Lord use them to help us to grow in Him! He is the Author and Finisher of our faith!

I don’t want any readers to think that I am “promoting” being a prodigal. I definitely am not. But what I am hoping to do – is to encourage those of us who either have had or are currently experiencing a hard time in our walk to be honest about it. Personal conviction is a powerful thing, especially if you truly love the Lord. I think that sometimes the Body of Christ critiques and judges to the point where the person who is at the other end of that pointing finger feels ostracized, alienated and alone. I don't think that that is what Jesus intended. When I read through my Bible - I see a firm yet gentle restoration that Jesus ministered to those around Him. Look at John 21:15-19. When Peter who was at an all time low point in his walk - he was firmly, yet lovingly restored by Jesus. He didn't tear him down, or yell or make him feel any worse then he already did. He spoke to him lovingly and gently - and in doing so, Peter was able to repent and minister in a much more powerful, humble and confident way and it became one of the largest ministries ever.

Please note that I am only a vessel, my calling - to write. I dedicate this blog to the Lord and ask that He use it to reach out and touch whoever needs a special, loving, personal touch from Him. My hope is that the Holy Spirit allows you to see Him through the words (and not me). We go through things so that we can extend our right hand of fellowship behind us to assist and help someone else. Our Bible is the same today, as it was yesterday as it will be tomorrow. (I am far from perfect and do not profess to have all the answers...) but the good news is - Our Heavenly Father does! His love, forgiveness, grace and mercy is real!Nothing you are experiencing in your walk comes as a surprise to Him! May He be glorified through this blog and may God bless you at whatever stage in your walk you are in!~



I am a Breast Cancer Survivor

I am a Breast Cancer Survivor
I was diagnosed with early stage triple negative breast cancer on June 24th, 2010 - I have been cancer free for 10 years now. It was only a chapter in my life - NOT my life, but the impact is one that has changed my life forever. Its important for women to know that 80% of the breast cancer diagnosis come from women who don't have a history of it in their family (My family didn't). Early detection is the key. For more information please click on the pink ribbon above. It could save your life.
Powered By Blogger

Pages

April 7, 2012

He Sees You When You're Sleeping, He Knows When You're Awake...

It's Easter weekend or Resurrection weekend as some like to call it... It is one of my favorite holidays because it makes me remember what Jesus did for me. How as He hung on that cross He looked through the course of history and saw ME... Have you ever used "Google Earth?" It helps map a particular address you are looking for by zooming in on the street from a satellite.  It zooms to the earth and then as you get closer to the section of the map the address is on. You can see trees, roads, and then there it is! The location you are looking for! An actual photograph of the house or residence.  It zooms down till you can even see cars parked in the driveway!  When I think of Jesus up on that cross. I think of how in His mind He may have zoomed through the course of history way down into the photographic life of ME.  Maybe that is what helped make being up there, palms nailed, feet nailed, side pierced tolerable? (If you can even USE such a phrase for a time like that?) Maybe the Holy Spirit allowed Him to see EACH and EVERY person He was dying on that cross for in detail.  Flashes of all of us. The reason why He was up there.  The reason He CHOSE to be up there for us.  Because He loves us... He saw YOU He saw ME and STILL He chose the cross.

Easter is also a time to me to reflect on the things that I need to change within myself. It "resurrects" all these feelings of inadequacy within me that I need to sort out. What is resurrecting in you? Whether you are celebrating Passover or Easter, it definitely is a Holy time. What is it that God is saying to YOU about YOU? For me, I see all my sins that Jesus died on the cross for. It humbles me. It makes me thankful that we are not living under the law anymore... It makes me appreciative of what He did. It seems to be a constant theme running in my head, "Nothing but His grace, His love and His mercy." But I also think that we can use that as an excuse not to try to change those things within us that need changing. He died for a reason.  He had a purpose.  What is your purpose? What is it that God wants you to do in your life? Each of us has a purpose, each of us have gifts.  God gave us the gift of His Son.

 "For God so loved the world that He gave His ownly begotten Son.  That whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life." (John 3:16) 

He gave us His Son.  What do we have to give? I know the response is "our lives" but have you ever looked at your life and thought... "Gee, it is in shambles... I'm not even sure what to do with it... Would he really want THIS? Sometimes I'm not even sure I want this... My life is dirty, its a mess. I can't give this to God." YES YOU CAN.

 "Though your sins are scarlet I will make them white as snow." (Isaiah 1:18)

What an amazing God we serve. We need to just give it to Him. Our lives. In whatever condition they are in. Let Him transform us. Sometimes it can feel like that is the hardest thing in the world to do. We doubt that God wants us, that we can really come to Him as we are. It's even harder to do if you are a prodigal. Because you are trying to make your way back to Him and your sins and doubts, and regrets and worries and inadequacies are all before you.  You can't hide them from Him. He knows. He sees what state you are in.  But here is the thing - HE LOVES YOU ANYWAYS.  See His hand? He's holding it out to you. His crucified palm is facing up to receive your hand in His.  Take it.  You may not think what a difference it will make - but you truly won't know, until you do it.  It WILL make a difference.  There is a reason why they call it a "personal relationship" with God.  What do you have to lose?  Look at the steps behind you... You have a choice.  You can either stay on the pathway you are on - which may feel mundane, may feel hopeless, may feel like you have no direction.  Or you can reach out and take His hand.  See where He wants to lead you.  He has a purpose for your life.  He created you for a reason.  There are things that He wants you to do that NO ONE else can do. Only YOU.  Yes YOU - He's talkin' to YOU.  Put your hand in His and let Him lead you forward or as the Bible says:

"Taste and see that the Lord is Good."(Psalms 34:8) 

No one can "taste it" for you. You have to try and experience it for yourself... Go on now, He's waiting... He's holding out His hand for you. Take it. You were born for a reason.

 "I knew you when you were formed in your mother's womb." (Jeremiah 1:5)

 Isn't it time you discovered all that He has for you? Your purpose? You have one you know. Maybe it's time to take His hand and discover what it is...

No comments: