Hello!~~~

Welcome!~

It has now been ten years since I started this blog. How quickly time goes by! We are many members but we are one in the body of Christ. Therefore you do not journey alone! Hopefully through this site you will be encouraged by the fact that many things you are going through in your own walk, others are going through (or have gone through) as well. Sometimes we think we are "going through things alone." But we are not. God said that "He would Never Leave Nor Forsake Us." (Hebrews 13:5) and that "There is Nothing New Under The Sun." (Ecclesiastes 1:9). No man is an island. It's easy to forget that. May the words in this blog help you to think, encourage you in whatever spiritual state you are in and may the Lord use them to help us to grow in Him! He is the Author and Finisher of our faith!

I don’t want any readers to think that I am “promoting” being a prodigal. I definitely am not. But what I am hoping to do – is to encourage those of us who either have had or are currently experiencing a hard time in our walk to be honest about it. Personal conviction is a powerful thing, especially if you truly love the Lord. I think that sometimes the Body of Christ critiques and judges to the point where the person who is at the other end of that pointing finger feels ostracized, alienated and alone. I don't think that that is what Jesus intended. When I read through my Bible - I see a firm yet gentle restoration that Jesus ministered to those around Him. Look at John 21:15-19. When Peter who was at an all time low point in his walk - he was firmly, yet lovingly restored by Jesus. He didn't tear him down, or yell or make him feel any worse then he already did. He spoke to him lovingly and gently - and in doing so, Peter was able to repent and minister in a much more powerful, humble and confident way and it became one of the largest ministries ever.

Please note that I am only a vessel, my calling - to write. I dedicate this blog to the Lord and ask that He use it to reach out and touch whoever needs a special, loving, personal touch from Him. My hope is that the Holy Spirit allows you to see Him through the words (and not me). We go through things so that we can extend our right hand of fellowship behind us to assist and help someone else. Our Bible is the same today, as it was yesterday as it will be tomorrow. (I am far from perfect and do not profess to have all the answers...) but the good news is - Our Heavenly Father does! His love, forgiveness, grace and mercy is real!Nothing you are experiencing in your walk comes as a surprise to Him! May He be glorified through this blog and may God bless you at whatever stage in your walk you are in!~



I am a Breast Cancer Survivor

I am a Breast Cancer Survivor
I was diagnosed with early stage triple negative breast cancer on June 24th, 2010 - I have been cancer free for 10 years now. It was only a chapter in my life - NOT my life, but the impact is one that has changed my life forever. Its important for women to know that 80% of the breast cancer diagnosis come from women who don't have a history of it in their family (My family didn't). Early detection is the key. For more information please click on the pink ribbon above. It could save your life.
Powered By Blogger

Pages

March 21, 2014

Soul Hunger



Are You Fully Prepared to Battle Those Things That Keep You from Experiencing God's Best in Your Life?

I woke up this morning - the "worries" were waiting for me to open my eyes to harrass me, but I refused to listen and began to silently pray.  God has felt so far away from me - but as I sat there trying to collect my thoughts, I realized it is not God who is far from me - but ME who has been far from God... Part of the process of moving forward down the pathway home from a prodigal moment.  I thought I was experiencing the spirit of fear - but as I woke up and began to go about my day, I realized that actually what I am feeling - is a deep hunger for God.  Do you know the kind I'm talking about?  It is kind of like that feeling when you are famished.  Your belly aches because you are hungry.  My spirit aches.  I am hungry for God.  The problem is I am having a hard time cutting all the weeds of distraction out of the way so that I can just quietly get before Him.

Do you remember the scene in Disney's "Sleeping Beauty" when the spell goes into affect and the Princess and all who are in the castle are sound asleep, and thorns and briars begin to surround the castle?  The scene where the Prince while riding through the forest is taking his sword and slashing the thorns and branches out of his way so he can get to his goal - the princess?  I've been thinking that at times we need to be steadfast in slashing those distractions and things keeping us from "God's best" out of the way, but we need to do it using our "Sword of the Spirit."  Ephesians Chapter 6 talks about our spiritual armor.  How many times in our rush to get out the door and get our day started have we forgotten to put our armor on?  We remember to get washed up and dressed in clothes every day (who of us walks out the door naked???) but we need to also remember to put on our spiritual armor.  It is as follows:

"Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, the breast plate of righteous in place and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes with the gospel of peace. In addition to all this take up the sheild of faith, which with you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the spirit which is the word of God and pray in the spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.  With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord's people." (Ephesians 6:13-6:18)

I realize in writing this how many times I have walked out the door spiritually naked.  This makes us vulnerable to the attacks of the evil one.  How ridiculous I feel writing this, as I would never walk out the door physically naked to start my day.  Our spiritual armor protects our most vulnerable parts - one of which is our heart.  In attacking all those distractions, worries, thoughts that would distract us from starting our day off on the right foot and feeling close to God, experiencing that peace that passes all understaind - we need to be fully clothed in our spiritual armor.  Prodigals already feel vulnerable.  Raw, anxious, on edge as we make that trek back home to the Father.  We especially need to put on our armor.

I realized that the ache I am feeling is not coming from my "belly" but from my Spirit.  I can fully understand why I am crying out like David:

"Why my soul are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God." (Psalms 43:5).

There is a part of us - the center of us that was made to fellowship with God. It is a hunger that we often drown out with the busyness of life or we mistake that longing for something else... We think if we fill it with food or with drugs or with alcohol or with another person - that it will subside.  But the truth IS we were made to worship and love God.  There is a part of us - our soul that cries out for Him.  For His purpose, for His love for fellowship with HIM.  There is nothing that can feed that soul hunger except to be in union with Him.  When we are not - we become famished.  Are you famished?  I am famished for my Father.  I am tired of distractions, worries, insecurities getting in the way of what He has for me.  It is time to utilize that spiritual armor.  But in doing so - keep in mind that not only must we be fully clothed in that armor - but the most important part - is to PRAY.  Prodigals need to PRAY.  Sometimes that is the hardest thing to do because your "rawiness" or awareness of your prodigal situations (past or present) get in the way and the enemy whispers in your ear that you "aren't worthy to go before the Father."  Especially if you are struggling with something trying to hold you back as you journey back home to the Father.  There may be something trying to keep you from going forward.  For me - it has been a soul tie.  Yes those are real.  But this is where the Word of God (which is the Sword of the Spirit) comes in hand... This is where you use that sword and quote your promises outloud.  Jesus said:

"Come now let us settle the matter, though your sins are scarlet, they shall be as white as snow, though they are as red as crimson, they shall become like wool." (Isaiah 1:18) 

There are certain ties and binds that we do not have the strength on our own to break or fight.  This is where we need the Lord.  I love the fact that scripture in particular starts off with "Come now, let us settle the matter" - because it shows communication and discussion.  Jesus cares and He is listening.  Often a prodigal doesn't feel as though ANYONE cares or ANYONE understands.  But Jesus does.  There is such peace in that...  As I write this post I can feel God's peace starting to fill my soul.  This is why it is important to have your spiritual armor on, to pray and to get into God's presence.

The end result is that it may not be "Prince Charming" who stands over your bed - but it will be "The Prince of Peace" that stands over your life and takes your hand in His and guides you down the pathway of life - promising to never leave nor forsake you... Now I don't know about you - but that certainly sounds like a better ending than any I've seen in any Disney movie... Doesn't it?

No comments: