Hello!~~~

Welcome!~

It has now been ten years since I started this blog. How quickly time goes by! We are many members but we are one in the body of Christ. Therefore you do not journey alone! Hopefully through this site you will be encouraged by the fact that many things you are going through in your own walk, others are going through (or have gone through) as well. Sometimes we think we are "going through things alone." But we are not. God said that "He would Never Leave Nor Forsake Us." (Hebrews 13:5) and that "There is Nothing New Under The Sun." (Ecclesiastes 1:9). No man is an island. It's easy to forget that. May the words in this blog help you to think, encourage you in whatever spiritual state you are in and may the Lord use them to help us to grow in Him! He is the Author and Finisher of our faith!

I don’t want any readers to think that I am “promoting” being a prodigal. I definitely am not. But what I am hoping to do – is to encourage those of us who either have had or are currently experiencing a hard time in our walk to be honest about it. Personal conviction is a powerful thing, especially if you truly love the Lord. I think that sometimes the Body of Christ critiques and judges to the point where the person who is at the other end of that pointing finger feels ostracized, alienated and alone. I don't think that that is what Jesus intended. When I read through my Bible - I see a firm yet gentle restoration that Jesus ministered to those around Him. Look at John 21:15-19. When Peter who was at an all time low point in his walk - he was firmly, yet lovingly restored by Jesus. He didn't tear him down, or yell or make him feel any worse then he already did. He spoke to him lovingly and gently - and in doing so, Peter was able to repent and minister in a much more powerful, humble and confident way and it became one of the largest ministries ever.

Please note that I am only a vessel, my calling - to write. I dedicate this blog to the Lord and ask that He use it to reach out and touch whoever needs a special, loving, personal touch from Him. My hope is that the Holy Spirit allows you to see Him through the words (and not me). We go through things so that we can extend our right hand of fellowship behind us to assist and help someone else. Our Bible is the same today, as it was yesterday as it will be tomorrow. (I am far from perfect and do not profess to have all the answers...) but the good news is - Our Heavenly Father does! His love, forgiveness, grace and mercy is real!Nothing you are experiencing in your walk comes as a surprise to Him! May He be glorified through this blog and may God bless you at whatever stage in your walk you are in!~



I am a Breast Cancer Survivor

I am a Breast Cancer Survivor
I was diagnosed with early stage triple negative breast cancer on June 24th, 2010 - I have been cancer free for 10 years now. It was only a chapter in my life - NOT my life, but the impact is one that has changed my life forever. Its important for women to know that 80% of the breast cancer diagnosis come from women who don't have a history of it in their family (My family didn't). Early detection is the key. For more information please click on the pink ribbon above. It could save your life.
Powered By Blogger

Pages

July 11, 2014

Stormy Weather - Are You Going to Focus on the Storm or the Creator OF the Storm?


When things are out of our control, we need to remember that they are NEVER out of God's Control.
Honestly, this has been a month of questions, worries and concerns; the kind that has kept me up at night; the kind where I have gone around and around the issues trying to find solutions.   One of those month’s where I have just want to cry out to the Lord in frustration wishing that I would hear from Him as Moses did, boldly and with certainty!  I wish that when we give our lives to the Lord that we would hear Him like we hear Him as surely and loudly as we hear our GPS – “Kelly, turn right at this point in your life… Now make a sharp left!  You are at the destination I have chosen for you!” J

Last night, as I was preparing to go to sleep, I found myself thinking of the scripture below:  
When Jesus got into the boat, His disciples followed Him. And behold, there arose a great storm on the sea, so that the boat was being covered with the waves; but Jesus Himself was asleep. And they came to Him and woke Him, saying, "Save us, Lord; we are perishing!” He said to them, "Why are you afraid, you men of little faith?" Then He got up and rebuked the winds and the sea, and it became perfectly calm.… (Matthew 8:24-8:25)
Now don’t get me wrong – God is always speaking with us, sometimes we don’t take the time to quiet our souls to listen to Him. (Is that the case with you? I know it is with me).  We let the worries and concerns and fears that we have override His voice…  I felt chastised as I remembered Matthew 8:24.  The disciples had a genuine fear!  They thought their boat was going to overturn! That they would drown!  The rocking of that boat, the covering of those waves was real and genuine and they became filled with fear.  Who of us wouldn’t have??? When we experience stormy situations in our own lives, the situation is just as real and we focus on the physical realm because what we see is more obvious to us by our senses than what is going on in the spiritual realm.  We are used to looking at things with our physical eyes and not with our spiritual ones.  The only way we can calm our storm is to pray and to trust that although things come as a shock and a surprise to us, it does not come as a surprise to God, who sees everything.
It is probably one of the hardest things to do in our walk.  It is walking BY faith and not by sight and for me, even having been a Christian for 26 years; I still struggle with this… This is a part of my walk with Christ that I continually have to work on.  Quite frankly, it is a trust issue.  Will I trust in myself? Or will I trust in God?
When I was a child, I was blessed enough to be able to attend a wonderful girls overnight Camp in New Hampshire.  I remember a game we use to play as a group.  It was a game of trust.  We were divided in to teams of two, one of us would be blind folded.   The blind folded individual would have to fall backwards and trust that their partner would catch them and not let them fall.  I believe that God would like us to trust that when we feel like we are falling, He is there to catch us.  But we have to walk in that trust.  Walk in the knowledge that God’s promises are true.  The question becomes, “Who are you going to believe?”  I think that is why He allows certain situations to occur in our lives, because He wants us to trust Him MORE.
There are so many examples of strong men and women of faith within our Bible.  Sometimes we forget that these stories are TRUE, these were real individuals like you and me – with the same problems and worries and issues.  The concerns haven’t changed – the times may have but the worries and problems remain the same.  It is during those “stormy” times in our lives that we need to gain strength from what we’ve seen from people and situations in the past.  They are in the Bible to encourage us, give us hope and help us to remember to look at our situations through the eyes of faith.  One of the strongest examples of this is Abraham.  I read about him and pray that God would help me to look through the eyes of any “stormy” situation I experience in life as Abraham did.
Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, "So shall your offspring be." Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead--since he was about a hundred years old--and that Sarah's womb was also dead. Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. This is why "it was credited to him as righteousness." (Romans 4:19-4:22)
The definition of faith is as follows:
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (Hebrews  11:1)
I have been thinking that looking through our lives situations through the eyes of faith is very similar to learning a “foreign language.”  It takes concentration and practice.  Perhaps it becomes easier as we continue to apply God’s promises to our lives.  As I previously said, I have been a Christian for 26 years.  But I am 47 years old.  I have looked at things from the worldly perspective still many more years than I have had being a Christian. It is easy to fall back on familiar habits.  The one thing I can say, that as I have immersed myself in the Word of God the Holy Spirit has brought forth scriptures that I have read to the forefront of my mind during those “stormy” moments in my life.  Sometimes I hear them clearly, sometimes my fear, worries and insecurities drown them out.  The one thing that I continue to remember is that Jesus said right before He ascended into Heaven:
“And remember, I am with you each and every day until the end of the age." (Matthew 28:20)
Hear my cry, O God; Give heed to my prayer. From the end of the earth I call to You when my heart is faint; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For You have been a refuge for me, A tower of strength against the enemy. Let me dwell in Your tent forever; Let me take refuge in the shelter of Your wings.  (Psalms 61:3)

"Hold my hand Lord, help me to remember to keep my eyes upon you and not upon the “stormy” situations that occur in my life. Help me to remain calm and focused as you remained calm in the boat with the disciples.  Help me to hold onto your Word (my promises) within my heart and to reflect upon them and hold on to them during those times when I am fearful. Please guide and direct my steps and thank you so much for never letting go of my hand. and when I am fearful and afraid, I pray you will help  In Jesus’ precious name I pray. Amen…"

No comments: