Hello!~~~

Welcome!~

It has now been ten years since I started this blog. How quickly time goes by! We are many members but we are one in the body of Christ. Therefore you do not journey alone! Hopefully through this site you will be encouraged by the fact that many things you are going through in your own walk, others are going through (or have gone through) as well. Sometimes we think we are "going through things alone." But we are not. God said that "He would Never Leave Nor Forsake Us." (Hebrews 13:5) and that "There is Nothing New Under The Sun." (Ecclesiastes 1:9). No man is an island. It's easy to forget that. May the words in this blog help you to think, encourage you in whatever spiritual state you are in and may the Lord use them to help us to grow in Him! He is the Author and Finisher of our faith!

I don’t want any readers to think that I am “promoting” being a prodigal. I definitely am not. But what I am hoping to do – is to encourage those of us who either have had or are currently experiencing a hard time in our walk to be honest about it. Personal conviction is a powerful thing, especially if you truly love the Lord. I think that sometimes the Body of Christ critiques and judges to the point where the person who is at the other end of that pointing finger feels ostracized, alienated and alone. I don't think that that is what Jesus intended. When I read through my Bible - I see a firm yet gentle restoration that Jesus ministered to those around Him. Look at John 21:15-19. When Peter who was at an all time low point in his walk - he was firmly, yet lovingly restored by Jesus. He didn't tear him down, or yell or make him feel any worse then he already did. He spoke to him lovingly and gently - and in doing so, Peter was able to repent and minister in a much more powerful, humble and confident way and it became one of the largest ministries ever.

Please note that I am only a vessel, my calling - to write. I dedicate this blog to the Lord and ask that He use it to reach out and touch whoever needs a special, loving, personal touch from Him. My hope is that the Holy Spirit allows you to see Him through the words (and not me). We go through things so that we can extend our right hand of fellowship behind us to assist and help someone else. Our Bible is the same today, as it was yesterday as it will be tomorrow. (I am far from perfect and do not profess to have all the answers...) but the good news is - Our Heavenly Father does! His love, forgiveness, grace and mercy is real!Nothing you are experiencing in your walk comes as a surprise to Him! May He be glorified through this blog and may God bless you at whatever stage in your walk you are in!~



I am a Breast Cancer Survivor

I am a Breast Cancer Survivor
I was diagnosed with early stage triple negative breast cancer on June 24th, 2010 - I have been cancer free for 10 years now. It was only a chapter in my life - NOT my life, but the impact is one that has changed my life forever. Its important for women to know that 80% of the breast cancer diagnosis come from women who don't have a history of it in their family (My family didn't). Early detection is the key. For more information please click on the pink ribbon above. It could save your life.
Powered By Blogger

Pages

January 20, 2016

WHY God?!



Have you ever asked God - "Why?"
Let’s be transparent, shall we?  I mean, if God knows our thoughts before we even think them, shouldn’t we at least be honest about what those thoughts are?

I don’t think God “gets upset” with us for expressing how we feel.  Perhaps it’s a good thing that we express it, because if it is something worth changing and we are open to it – He’ll change us.   If it is not, than it is something that should be discussed with Him, God wants us to communicate with Him.  It’s called, “having a personal relationship.” And everyone knows that even in the BEST of relationships, you don’t always see eye to eye.

Sometimes the way we relate to God is the problem, a lot of how we relate is based upon what we have experienced in the past with our earthly relationships.  We tend to color our relationship with God based upon experiences we have had with family, loved ones or friends.  This does not always give an accurate representation of who God is and how He will respond.

I don’t know about you, but there are days that I have woken up asking God,“Why???” 
Kind of like the conversations you hear little kids having with their parents…. “But why? How come? It’s not fair!" (If you are a parent, do you remember those endless, really is no exact answer that will appease them type of conversations?).  As a child of God, there are times I feel the same way – “Why God?!”
We each have been created with weaknesses and strengths, is there a weakness that you continue to find yourself tripping over? Like a child’s toy in the middle of the living room of your life, something  you keep stubbing your emotional toe over? Something  that annoys you? Something you can’t figure out WHY it won’t go away or change? If so, it is conversation worthy with your Heavenly Father.

There is one area in my life that I have constantly complained to God about.  My “Why God?!”  
The one area of my life where it seems if I were able to get it straight, life would be – beyond great.  Like an unrelenting child who wants what she wants I have brought this request before God time and time again because It is something I constantly stumble over.  No matter what I do, it seems it is something I can’t fix. First I would pray and pray and pray and pray some more, diligently believing God would make it better. Then I would get angry, "Why God?! Why hasn’t this area gotten better? Why has it for Sister So-and-So and Brother Over-there, but notfor me? My anger and frustration did not change the answer and did not move God.  Recently I have begun to just accept that even though I’d like this albatross to come off from around my neck, maybe (because God sees the full picture and I only see in part), there is a reason why He allows it to continue, so my “why?” has become a deeper question.  “Why God?  Why Father? Would it change me for the worse? Would it hinder the calling I have on my life? I don’t see how that could be the case, but I only see in part – YOU see in full.  I am *not* happy that I can’t rid myself of it but I know that no matter what – my life is in Your hands.  So I have to trust that even when I am discouraged, and disgruntled and unhappy and burdened – I STILL TRUST YOU."
I think the hardest part of feeling that way – is that you start feeling like God doesn’t care, that God doesn’t want to make it “better.”  But that isn’t what scripture tells us and that isn’t what is true. It says in His word:

“That I came so that they can have life and have it abundantly.” (John 10:10)
Jesus also said:

“For my yoke is easy, my burden is light.”  (Matthew 11:30)

There is so much that goes on that we are not privy of seeing, and maybe this is where God wants us to walk by faith and not by sight? Maybe God wants us to just trust Him more.  We are called to “walk by faith and not by sight.” (2 Corinthians 5:7)

Maybe we just need to accept that there is more than what we can see.  More than what our human minds can understand…  It is hard to trust what we can’t see, especially when we don’t see the “why” of it.  There is no sin in bringing whatever the concern is to God – He wants you to!  It’s called, “communication.”  Think about it, if you are in a relationship with someone and something is bothering you – they can tell.  It shows in your body language, in your voice, in how you go about living and moving, Unless you get whatever it is off your mind, there it will remain.  And grow, and g-r-o-w and GROW and GROW! Until it is bigger than it should be!  If something is bothering me, I cannot let it slide or pretend like there isn’t  a problem, I have to bring it directly to whom it involves, and how much more so if it involves God who already knows there is a problem anyways?!  It doesn’t mean I don’t still grumble or question or get upset that God hasn’t “fixed” the situation.  But I realize Who it is who is in control – especially when I can clearly see – it isn’t ME.  It becomes a battle of trust.  Am I going to trust my feelings? Am I going to trust what I see in the natural? (Not fully aware of what is going on in the supernatural?) or am I going to trust that God is GREATER than whatever those problems or concerns or issues are? And when I begin to doubt, I try to remind myself of the examples that are clearly given to us within the Word of God, because those examples are there for us for a reason, for us to benefit.
Turn it over to Him.  Let it go… Don’t hold on to a corner of what you are giving because then you will have a tug of war and God is not going to make you give something to Him, He’s just going to bring you to a point of realization that it’s what you need to do.  We make it so much harder than it needs to be.

“The steps of the righteous are ordained by God.” (Psalms 37:23)
YOUR steps are ordained by HIM.  He’s got you.  Stop swimming against the current, give in to Him, because when you do – then He can carry you and you will experience the sweet peace and knowledge that God really knows what He is doing – He’s got you, He really does.

No comments: