Hello!~~~

Welcome!~

It has now been ten years since I started this blog. How quickly time goes by! We are many members but we are one in the body of Christ. Therefore you do not journey alone! Hopefully through this site you will be encouraged by the fact that many things you are going through in your own walk, others are going through (or have gone through) as well. Sometimes we think we are "going through things alone." But we are not. God said that "He would Never Leave Nor Forsake Us." (Hebrews 13:5) and that "There is Nothing New Under The Sun." (Ecclesiastes 1:9). No man is an island. It's easy to forget that. May the words in this blog help you to think, encourage you in whatever spiritual state you are in and may the Lord use them to help us to grow in Him! He is the Author and Finisher of our faith!

I don’t want any readers to think that I am “promoting” being a prodigal. I definitely am not. But what I am hoping to do – is to encourage those of us who either have had or are currently experiencing a hard time in our walk to be honest about it. Personal conviction is a powerful thing, especially if you truly love the Lord. I think that sometimes the Body of Christ critiques and judges to the point where the person who is at the other end of that pointing finger feels ostracized, alienated and alone. I don't think that that is what Jesus intended. When I read through my Bible - I see a firm yet gentle restoration that Jesus ministered to those around Him. Look at John 21:15-19. When Peter who was at an all time low point in his walk - he was firmly, yet lovingly restored by Jesus. He didn't tear him down, or yell or make him feel any worse then he already did. He spoke to him lovingly and gently - and in doing so, Peter was able to repent and minister in a much more powerful, humble and confident way and it became one of the largest ministries ever.

Please note that I am only a vessel, my calling - to write. I dedicate this blog to the Lord and ask that He use it to reach out and touch whoever needs a special, loving, personal touch from Him. My hope is that the Holy Spirit allows you to see Him through the words (and not me). We go through things so that we can extend our right hand of fellowship behind us to assist and help someone else. Our Bible is the same today, as it was yesterday as it will be tomorrow. (I am far from perfect and do not profess to have all the answers...) but the good news is - Our Heavenly Father does! His love, forgiveness, grace and mercy is real!Nothing you are experiencing in your walk comes as a surprise to Him! May He be glorified through this blog and may God bless you at whatever stage in your walk you are in!~



I am a Breast Cancer Survivor

I am a Breast Cancer Survivor
I was diagnosed with early stage triple negative breast cancer on June 24th, 2010 - I have been cancer free for 10 years now. It was only a chapter in my life - NOT my life, but the impact is one that has changed my life forever. Its important for women to know that 80% of the breast cancer diagnosis come from women who don't have a history of it in their family (My family didn't). Early detection is the key. For more information please click on the pink ribbon above. It could save your life.
Powered By Blogger

Pages

January 10, 2016

What GPS Are You Using?

Where are you getting your directions on your journey called life? Are you sure you are going in the right direction? Maybe its time you sat down for a moment and re-evaluated what direction you are headed, you don't want to miss the destination God has in store for you...
The journey…  YOUR journey… Every which way we go is all about choice.  It’s all about perception and priorities and viewpoints… Ultimately the decision of what we do, where we go, who we are with are decisions that we make from the free will that God has given us.

There are times when I simply wish that once we have given our lives over to God (made Him our Lord and Savior) that we would hear His voice like that of when we use our car GPS – “Kelly, turn right on this pathway in your life… Now go left…” But unfortunately it isn’t as simple as that.  God wants us to use wisdom and His Word as our guidebook.  How we are such a stubborn people!  Many of the situations we find we are in are situations we have placed our OWN selves.  Yet we rage and complain to God, when it is of our own doing not His.  What lesson in life are you in?

Sometimes I find myself in my own self-created maze, scratching my head wondering how I got in the middle of a confused mess and how to get out of it.  When I try to help myself I simply find myself doing a “loop te do” and find myself back where I began. Oh the frustration that sets in! Oh the discouragement and the temper tantrums I have had! It is only when I am able to throw my hands up in the air and say, “Okay Lord, I have made a grand mess of things! I cannot figure a way out – I need YOU.” That He ever so patiently replies, “I was wondering when You were going to ask for my help.  Come on, take my hand…” That He leads me out of the mess I made.  But here is the thing, often times in His leading, He doesn’t simply lead me out, He allows me to learn the why and the how of the mess I was in, how I missed the mark so that (hopefully) I won’t find myself in the same situation repeatedly… (Although there are times when the hard headed me finds herself right back where He previously delivered me from because I haven’t “fully” learned the life lesson that it was intended for me to learn).
Sometimes our own blockages in our journey can be ones that are “man-made” we put them in our own way.  Perhaps those blockages are trust issues, not trusting enough in God, not believing that He has a good and perfect will for our lives.  Perhaps they are life wounds that haven’t been healed, that keep us from experiencing all that God has in store for us, so instead of experiencing the full riches that God has we find ourselves stuck in distrust, pain, holding our own selves back from all that God has in store.  Perhaps it is low self-esteem, where we don’t fully believe that our Father desires to bless us, do to the fact that we did not have a positive role model of an earthly father to help us to believe in a Heavenly Father who loves us unconditionally. 

There are many things that can delay us from going forward in the journey that God has meant you to experience, it doesn’t mean you won’t experience it – it simply means that you will experience lessons along the way which will (hopefully) prepare you, heal you and help you get rid of those road blocks that have been set to discourage you from becoming all that God meant you to be.
I know that with me (being as hard headed as I am), I reach points in my walk where I am disgusted and I reach a point where I have to stop going around in circles, sit still and re-examine what I am doing to be stuck in the same rut over and over again – because when you think about it – the only thing that can change it is when you take a hard look at your situation and realize if I don’t try to do something different – figure out where I am going wrong and how I can do something differently I will always go around and around in the same circle.  I need to try something different.  This tells me that perception is a big part of moving forward (or being stuck where we are) in our journey.  Are you tired of finding yourself stuck where you are?  What can you differently than what you have tried to do in the past?  Remember we always have options and I is up to us what steps we decide to take.  Have you reached a point where you are crying out in discouragement and disgust “Abba Father!”  There are times when God wants us to realize that we are dependent upon HIM.  There are certain situations that we cannot get ourselves out of without His supernatural help.  He didn’t make us to be dependent upon ourselves.  The truth of the matter is we are dependent upon HIM.

The other truth is that we sometimes forget that we are in the midst of a HUGE spiritual battle.  Ol’ slewfoot is trying to take you down!  He doesn’t want to see God glorified in your life!  If you are in the middle of having a self-pity party than you are so busy feeling sorry or frustrated or angry or discontent or bitter about what is going on in your life that you have taken your eyes off of God and placed them on your situation.  The truth is we can do NOTHING without God’s assistance.  The real question is who are you trusting? Where is your trust? When you realize that you haven’t been trusting in God, you can then turn to Him and admit it and turn your attention back on Him.  Remember, there is no set of circumstances that are bigger than what God can handle.  We need only to give it over to Him.
Sometimes God allows us to go through situations so that we will grow in Him.  Spiritual growing pains.  He never said it was going to be easy, but He did say that He would NEVER leave us.  So when the devil tries to tell you that you are alone you can search your Bible and see for yourself all the promises that God has purposely given you in His word.  He is not a God that would lie – this is where we need to trust in Him.  And if you don’t trust in Him – than perhaps your lesson is learning why that is?

Whatever part of your life journey you are currently on – look to your Creator to help you understand where you on “His map of life” and how to move forward.  He will never steer you wrong, you just have to be willing to ask for directions and by faith head forward in the position He is pointing you to go. If He sent the 3 wise men a star guiding them in the way He wanted them to go, how much more so will He do for you? You just have to believe it and step out in faith.

No comments: