Hello!~~~

Welcome!~

It has now been ten years since I started this blog. How quickly time goes by! We are many members but we are one in the body of Christ. Therefore you do not journey alone! Hopefully through this site you will be encouraged by the fact that many things you are going through in your own walk, others are going through (or have gone through) as well. Sometimes we think we are "going through things alone." But we are not. God said that "He would Never Leave Nor Forsake Us." (Hebrews 13:5) and that "There is Nothing New Under The Sun." (Ecclesiastes 1:9). No man is an island. It's easy to forget that. May the words in this blog help you to think, encourage you in whatever spiritual state you are in and may the Lord use them to help us to grow in Him! He is the Author and Finisher of our faith!

I don’t want any readers to think that I am “promoting” being a prodigal. I definitely am not. But what I am hoping to do – is to encourage those of us who either have had or are currently experiencing a hard time in our walk to be honest about it. Personal conviction is a powerful thing, especially if you truly love the Lord. I think that sometimes the Body of Christ critiques and judges to the point where the person who is at the other end of that pointing finger feels ostracized, alienated and alone. I don't think that that is what Jesus intended. When I read through my Bible - I see a firm yet gentle restoration that Jesus ministered to those around Him. Look at John 21:15-19. When Peter who was at an all time low point in his walk - he was firmly, yet lovingly restored by Jesus. He didn't tear him down, or yell or make him feel any worse then he already did. He spoke to him lovingly and gently - and in doing so, Peter was able to repent and minister in a much more powerful, humble and confident way and it became one of the largest ministries ever.

Please note that I am only a vessel, my calling - to write. I dedicate this blog to the Lord and ask that He use it to reach out and touch whoever needs a special, loving, personal touch from Him. My hope is that the Holy Spirit allows you to see Him through the words (and not me). We go through things so that we can extend our right hand of fellowship behind us to assist and help someone else. Our Bible is the same today, as it was yesterday as it will be tomorrow. (I am far from perfect and do not profess to have all the answers...) but the good news is - Our Heavenly Father does! His love, forgiveness, grace and mercy is real!Nothing you are experiencing in your walk comes as a surprise to Him! May He be glorified through this blog and may God bless you at whatever stage in your walk you are in!~



I am a Breast Cancer Survivor

I am a Breast Cancer Survivor
I was diagnosed with early stage triple negative breast cancer on June 24th, 2010 - I have been cancer free for 10 years now. It was only a chapter in my life - NOT my life, but the impact is one that has changed my life forever. Its important for women to know that 80% of the breast cancer diagnosis come from women who don't have a history of it in their family (My family didn't). Early detection is the key. For more information please click on the pink ribbon above. It could save your life.
Powered By Blogger

Pages

February 3, 2016

Holding Out for God's Best

Are you in the business of "settling"?  Perhaps it's time you stop... There is nothing like receiving "God's Best."
Hold out for "God’s best." We often think we know what best is for us – and in doing so, we miss out on the fullness of God’s blessings. We accept mediocre instead of the fullness of the blessing God has for us and believe me when I say that it is so much more than you can possibly imagine. Don’t settle. I am starting to believe that we are so used to being beaten down and settling for mediocre that often we allow the fullness of the blessing of God to pass us by.

For the first time in my life – I see it. God’s best for me and it is so much better than what I ever imagined I would have, I deserved, I could receive… And I feel so unworthy and yet so honored at the same time… And like a timid deer I move a little forward in curiosity and then take two steps back in fear that God’s best will disappear. You see, I’m not use to receiving “God’s best.” It’s my own fault really, because I guess I just didn’t believe it existed… But it does. You simply just have to believe. You have to trust and sometimes – even when you aren’t capable of finding the faith to do just that, God blesses you with “His best” anyhow.

What does “God’s best” fill you with? It fills you with immense joy, love, happiness, hope and awe. It humbles you and fills you with appreciation. "God’s best" opens up the flood gates of thanksgiving that God would allow His best to be in your life and recognition of what you went without and never had and astonishment that you ever lived without it in the first place.

Our ability to accept “God’s best” is dependent upon our perception or our experiences. I have learned from my own experience that I have had difficulty receiving, difficulty believing that God wanted to bless ME. But last year, He did that. He blew me away. The lesson I am learning is that I have a hard time trusting God, and I have a hard time believing He wants to bless ME and I have a harder time still receiving. I am a giver and it makes me tremendously happy when God works through me to be a blessing to someone else but at the same time, God has shown me that He wants me to learn how to receive. Receiving is humbling, but sometimes we need to learn how to receive because it is part of the healing process God wants to do in our lives and often times (as we see in examples in the Bible) God works through people.

What are you praying for? What are you afraid to pray for? (Because you don’t believe you are worthy, or don’t believe God will answer prayer) what is it that is holding you back? We often forget that the Bible tells us that God knows our thoughts before we even think them! And even more than that He knows what we need even better than we do. He created us! He knows!

Are you praying for healing? Trust God, He is able. He did for me and He is no respecter of persons. He holds your life in His hands and He knows what He is doing. He is able. Keep believing, keep praying and keep your eyes focused on Him.

Are you praying for finances? (This is one that God is still working on with me, so even though I list it – this is a constant pray for provision that I daily pray and struggle believing God will answer – but He ALWAYS somehow provides). This is an albatross that has been a constant in my life but one that humbles me enough to know that it is God that I am dependent upon. I am dependent upon Him to provide and to make ways where I do not see ways. This is a constant trust issue. But again, God is able.

Are you praying for love? Are you used to being treated like a side salad or dish? Believe me when I say God wants better for you. God’s best is not one that is outside His will. “God’s best” is not one “where you have to share” or where your heart is being emotionally abused. “God’s best” is not one that leaves you hurting and alone. That is not what God intended you to have. So often we settle… That is not the will of God. “God’s best” is so much better than you could ever imagine. When He brings that certain someone into your life you experience the astonishment that you don’t know how you ever lived without them in your life. All of a sudden you realize that your world was in “black and white” and now it is in “extreme color.” You could write a thousand poems and love thoughts about that individual like in the book of Song of Solomon. You long for that person, their face is the first and the last one you long to see. And the most fantastic thing about it – is that God is mutually using you for that other individual in the way that they need to be loved as well. It is a two way street. The only “perfect love” is that which is found in loving and knowing Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior – but also in the book of Genesis, God said about Adam, “It is not good for man to be alone.” That requires a special and unique calling (and there are those that have been called to be single, but they recognize that to be their calling). When God brings the person He has meant you to be with, you realize why I didn’t work out with anyone else. There is a tremendous difference in having a relationship with “God’s best” and having picked someone else in your own choosing - in otherwise settling. When God brings His best in your life, He knows that it will be a relationship of mutual growth for BOTH of you. I know this personally, because I am experiencing now. And the way that you know it is real, is by the peace you both have in being together and the fruit of the spirit that comes out of your relationship. Honestly, there is no comparison. In each other we have found “God’s best” and after experiencing it – it’s all you could ever want, not perfect – but fulfilling…

Perhaps the only way we can appreciate God and look at the “Best” He has for us in ALL areas of our lives is to look back on our journeys – up until the point we are currently at, and remember all that He in His goodness and mercy has brought us through and to truly believe that God DOES desire to give us His best, but often times unless we went through certain storms in our lives, we would not recognize what that “Best” was, unless we had gotten through them. I can honestly say, that if all I have gone through in life is what I needed to go through in order to experience “God’s best” that I am experiencing now, I would go through it all again. Because truthfully – in this area of my life – “God’s best” is so much better than I ever imagined it would be. And it encourages me to believe Him for His best in all those other areas of my life that still need work on, because we are all "works in progress" and sometimes we simply need to believe sight unseen, by faith. Because God truly desires you to experience "His Best" in every area of your life.

No comments: