Hello!~~~

Welcome!~

It has now been ten years since I started this blog. How quickly time goes by! We are many members but we are one in the body of Christ. Therefore you do not journey alone! Hopefully through this site you will be encouraged by the fact that many things you are going through in your own walk, others are going through (or have gone through) as well. Sometimes we think we are "going through things alone." But we are not. God said that "He would Never Leave Nor Forsake Us." (Hebrews 13:5) and that "There is Nothing New Under The Sun." (Ecclesiastes 1:9). No man is an island. It's easy to forget that. May the words in this blog help you to think, encourage you in whatever spiritual state you are in and may the Lord use them to help us to grow in Him! He is the Author and Finisher of our faith!

I don’t want any readers to think that I am “promoting” being a prodigal. I definitely am not. But what I am hoping to do – is to encourage those of us who either have had or are currently experiencing a hard time in our walk to be honest about it. Personal conviction is a powerful thing, especially if you truly love the Lord. I think that sometimes the Body of Christ critiques and judges to the point where the person who is at the other end of that pointing finger feels ostracized, alienated and alone. I don't think that that is what Jesus intended. When I read through my Bible - I see a firm yet gentle restoration that Jesus ministered to those around Him. Look at John 21:15-19. When Peter who was at an all time low point in his walk - he was firmly, yet lovingly restored by Jesus. He didn't tear him down, or yell or make him feel any worse then he already did. He spoke to him lovingly and gently - and in doing so, Peter was able to repent and minister in a much more powerful, humble and confident way and it became one of the largest ministries ever.

Please note that I am only a vessel, my calling - to write. I dedicate this blog to the Lord and ask that He use it to reach out and touch whoever needs a special, loving, personal touch from Him. My hope is that the Holy Spirit allows you to see Him through the words (and not me). We go through things so that we can extend our right hand of fellowship behind us to assist and help someone else. Our Bible is the same today, as it was yesterday as it will be tomorrow. (I am far from perfect and do not profess to have all the answers...) but the good news is - Our Heavenly Father does! His love, forgiveness, grace and mercy is real!Nothing you are experiencing in your walk comes as a surprise to Him! May He be glorified through this blog and may God bless you at whatever stage in your walk you are in!~



I am a Breast Cancer Survivor

I am a Breast Cancer Survivor
I was diagnosed with early stage triple negative breast cancer on June 24th, 2010 - I have been cancer free for 10 years now. It was only a chapter in my life - NOT my life, but the impact is one that has changed my life forever. Its important for women to know that 80% of the breast cancer diagnosis come from women who don't have a history of it in their family (My family didn't). Early detection is the key. For more information please click on the pink ribbon above. It could save your life.
Powered By Blogger

Pages

May 23, 2016

Who Are You Choosing to Believe?


Whose Report Will YOU Believe?
I have been seeking the Lord’s face diligently on certain matters, because being in the center of His will is the desire of my heart.  I have no problem talking to God, I know for a fact He has indicated through His Word that He desires to have a “personal” relationship with me and I delight in that.  Don’t believe it? Take a look:
“Behold I stand at the door and knock, if anyone hears my voice and opens the door I will come in and dine with that person, and they with me.”(Revelations 3:20)

God desires to have a personal relationship with you.  Often time my problem is not with the communication part, it’s with the response part.  The trust and faith that God wants to respond to ME.  In my heart the Holy Spirit tells me that this is the true.  That God loves ME.  In my head (the place that ol’ slewfoot likes to attack, otherwise known as the battlefield) sometimes it’s hard to believe.
Each one of us has the pages of our youth written upon our lives. For some of us, if we haven’t had a positive experience with our earthly fathers, it tends to reflect on how we feel our Heavenly Father feels about us.  Truthfully this is not the case.  Our Heavenly Father is PERFECT, our earthly fathers (or parents) are not.  For me, I had an earthly father who was not a father; he was solely a “sperm donor,” what I mean by that is that my birth father had no clue or concept of how to be a father.  He had no interest in anything or anyone other than himself.  I don’t say that with bitterness, I say it matter of fact. He left my mother when she was pregnant with my brother, for another woman.  He cheated on my mother and left her.  Now, the reason why I bring that up is because I was three years old when the “sperm donor” left my mother for another woman.  I had had a relationship with him.  It devastated me.  Children have a tendency to view things with the limited knowledge of experience they have.  I believed my father left ME.

Now, we live in a broken sinful world.  I am no better than the “sperm donor” everyone sins differently.  It is not for me to judge him.  I use to judge him in anger, but in having once been a prodigal – I can honestly say, be careful how you judge someone – judging is only the duty of God, not man.  You have to tread very carefully or you can find yourself walking in someone else’s (the person you are judging’s shoes). One day the sperm donor will have to give an account to God for his actions. For his sake I hope he has made Jesus his Lord and Savior and is covered by the precious blood of Jesus.
“Come now and let us reason together,” says the Lord, “Though your sins are like scarlet they shall be as white as snow. Though they are red like crimson they shall be like wool.” (Isaiah 1:18)

God brought my mother through it, made her stronger for it.  She put herself through school, provided for my brother and I (which at that time for a divorced mother was not easy), five years later, God brought into her life the man who would truly become my father – my dad, the one who loved me and raised me, the man who poured his life into mine. My mother became one of my heroes. A stronger woman I have never known.
But the damage had been done… When it came to having a relationship with my Heavenly Father it was hard for me to accept or believe that He really desire to have one.  That He would never leave nor forsake me.  So sometimes, believing that God cares is hard for me to do.  The scars that one develops as a child are probably the hardest ones to heal.  But if we allow God to – He is able to heal them. We simply have to lay our pain at the foot of the cross. Give it to Him.

One of the problems I have experienced in my post cancer life is a tendency to be filled with anxiety.  I worry.  Anxiety and worry are not of God.  But when my anxiety is at its worse, I lose sleep, I lose my appetite, I become depressed and I get discouraged.  I overthink.  The worst is that I often seclude myself from people when my anxiety is at its very worse.  This is exactly what ol’slewfoot wants  and its something that I have been working on within myself because as the Bible says:
“I sought the Lord and He heard me and delivered me from all my fears.” (Psalms 34:4)

as well as:
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God.  And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:6-7)

God desires us to trust Him.  To walk by faith, to not be led by our feelings, this is not an easy thing to do, the first part of healing comes in recognizing when we are falling back into our own pattern of worry and anxiety and calling it out before the Lord just as soon as it happens.
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make straight your path.”  (Proverbs 3:5-7)

It’s about knowing our promises and reciting them when we feel weak, when we feel scared.  It’s about knowing and trusting that in spite of what occurred in our childhood that God is our Father and is greater than anything that has occurred in our past, present AND future.  We walk by faith and not by sight trusting that God will continue to do His good and perfect will in our lives because we have given our lives to Him.
He is bigger than our sickness
He is bigger than our bills/debt
He is bigger than our depression, anxiety or fear

God IS ABLE!

This is why it is important for us to read His promises to us – which are found in the Bible and hold them securely in our hearts.  To lean on them, trust and believe in them.  To look at past examples in the Bible and to see ALL the times that God delivered His chosen ones.  To truly hold dear in our hearts that God loves us, cares about us and wants us to come to Him and tell Him all the things that concern us.  When we do this, God will continue to show us that He is REAL and that HE is on the throne and that HE alone is God.
The question becomes WHO are YOU going to believe? I choose to believe the report of the Lord. It is something that I have to choose to do, daily.

No comments: