Hello!~~~

Welcome!~

It has now been ten years since I started this blog. How quickly time goes by! We are many members but we are one in the body of Christ. Therefore you do not journey alone! Hopefully through this site you will be encouraged by the fact that many things you are going through in your own walk, others are going through (or have gone through) as well. Sometimes we think we are "going through things alone." But we are not. God said that "He would Never Leave Nor Forsake Us." (Hebrews 13:5) and that "There is Nothing New Under The Sun." (Ecclesiastes 1:9). No man is an island. It's easy to forget that. May the words in this blog help you to think, encourage you in whatever spiritual state you are in and may the Lord use them to help us to grow in Him! He is the Author and Finisher of our faith!

I don’t want any readers to think that I am “promoting” being a prodigal. I definitely am not. But what I am hoping to do – is to encourage those of us who either have had or are currently experiencing a hard time in our walk to be honest about it. Personal conviction is a powerful thing, especially if you truly love the Lord. I think that sometimes the Body of Christ critiques and judges to the point where the person who is at the other end of that pointing finger feels ostracized, alienated and alone. I don't think that that is what Jesus intended. When I read through my Bible - I see a firm yet gentle restoration that Jesus ministered to those around Him. Look at John 21:15-19. When Peter who was at an all time low point in his walk - he was firmly, yet lovingly restored by Jesus. He didn't tear him down, or yell or make him feel any worse then he already did. He spoke to him lovingly and gently - and in doing so, Peter was able to repent and minister in a much more powerful, humble and confident way and it became one of the largest ministries ever.

Please note that I am only a vessel, my calling - to write. I dedicate this blog to the Lord and ask that He use it to reach out and touch whoever needs a special, loving, personal touch from Him. My hope is that the Holy Spirit allows you to see Him through the words (and not me). We go through things so that we can extend our right hand of fellowship behind us to assist and help someone else. Our Bible is the same today, as it was yesterday as it will be tomorrow. (I am far from perfect and do not profess to have all the answers...) but the good news is - Our Heavenly Father does! His love, forgiveness, grace and mercy is real!Nothing you are experiencing in your walk comes as a surprise to Him! May He be glorified through this blog and may God bless you at whatever stage in your walk you are in!~



I am a Breast Cancer Survivor

I am a Breast Cancer Survivor
I was diagnosed with early stage triple negative breast cancer on June 24th, 2010 - I have been cancer free for 10 years now. It was only a chapter in my life - NOT my life, but the impact is one that has changed my life forever. Its important for women to know that 80% of the breast cancer diagnosis come from women who don't have a history of it in their family (My family didn't). Early detection is the key. For more information please click on the pink ribbon above. It could save your life.
Powered By Blogger

Pages

February 12, 2012

Go On - Just Open It...You Know You Want To...

You Won't Know What's Inside Until You Open it Up


Sometimes we are the barrier in our own pathway to happiness... That just occurred to me this morning... Sometimes we are our own worst enemy and we don't even see it.  We are too busy blaming "Joe Shmoe" for this" and "the boss" or "the bad job" for that or lets go a step further - everyone stand up and give the devil around of applause.  Because we give him the credit for the bad stuff too.  But the truth is - sometimes the only one blocking us, is US.

It is easier to blame a circumstance or a situation than taking a good hard look at ourselves to see what it is we should be doing to change the things that need changing.

Have you ever looked in the mirror to see past the physical flaws "you think you have" to look deeply into your own eyes to determine what it is YOU want and what steps you need to take to make "those wants" happen?  I don't know about you - but I can say for myself - if I was to sit in front of a mirror (reluctantly I might add...) it would take me several moments to get beyond the "self-critique."  I can hear me now... "I have too many freckles, I need to lose weight... Why are my eyes a boring brown instead of hazel?" blah blah blah to the point where I would just get up and walk away... QUICKLY I might add... (LOL).  Why do you think it is that we can show a friend more grace, love and help to build her up if she showed up at our door needing a friend - but we find it so hard to give our "own selves" the same love, support and listening ear that we would a dear friend? (Hmmmmm.... good question isn't it?)  When is the last time you - you sat yourself down and had a conversation with yourself.  Really listened to YOU?  I know that sounds kind of crazy, but when you think about it - many of us don't do that.  Don't you think its time?

I sat down with "me" this morning and realized that I wasn't half-bad. That how I feel is important. That if I want something bad enough I DO have it within me to go after it.  I think its time we need to give ourselves some "thought."  Some "compassion." Some "understanding."  I'm not saying have a "pity-party" if you feel you need to - go ahead, allow yourself an hour really have one of those old fashion kid type of crying and screaming temper tantrums.  If you have to - go through the whole shebang.  Get down on the floor, roll from side to side, kick your feet, cry, turn your head! Get it ALL out of your system.  Allow yourself an hour if you need. THEN when you are done, get up.  Walk over to the bathroom, turn the water on - splash some on that beautiful face of yours, grab a towel, dry those eyes and then lean forward and look hard into that mirror and SEE YOU.  REALLY see you.  The Bible tells us in Mark 12:31 to "Love our neighbors as we love ourselves."  But here is the thing -how can we do that when we haven't been loving ourselves?  If we loved ourselves - we'd care about the desires of our hearts, we'd believe in ourselves, we wouldn't settle for less. We'd go forward and try to become what we want to become and if we fell - we'd pick ourselves up, wipe off our knees and with a look of determination TRY AGAIN.  Many of us have given up on ourselves.  Why? My guess is for many reasons.  Life happens, disappointments occur, problems occur.  We get weighed down by our own worries.  We put ourselves last.  We hold the door open for everyone else BUT our very own selves.  And behind our shoulder, just silently allowing us to do this because He has given us free will is our Father.  Who has given us all the tools we need to be successful within ourselves.  He has given us each different gifts, but you know - someone can give you a gift - but unless you "open up the box" you will never know what is inside it.

Don't you think its time you "loved yourself" enough to move forward?  Life is so short and time is precious.  And here is the other thing - YOU are important. You matter.  What is in that box? Where will it take you if you allow yourself to tap into all the potential and gifts God has given you?  Shouldn't you be excited? Shouldn't you want to know "what happens next?"  It's time you had a love affair - with a very special person. That person is Y O U.

No comments: