Hello!~~~

Welcome!~

It has now been ten years since I started this blog. How quickly time goes by! We are many members but we are one in the body of Christ. Therefore you do not journey alone! Hopefully through this site you will be encouraged by the fact that many things you are going through in your own walk, others are going through (or have gone through) as well. Sometimes we think we are "going through things alone." But we are not. God said that "He would Never Leave Nor Forsake Us." (Hebrews 13:5) and that "There is Nothing New Under The Sun." (Ecclesiastes 1:9). No man is an island. It's easy to forget that. May the words in this blog help you to think, encourage you in whatever spiritual state you are in and may the Lord use them to help us to grow in Him! He is the Author and Finisher of our faith!

I don’t want any readers to think that I am “promoting” being a prodigal. I definitely am not. But what I am hoping to do – is to encourage those of us who either have had or are currently experiencing a hard time in our walk to be honest about it. Personal conviction is a powerful thing, especially if you truly love the Lord. I think that sometimes the Body of Christ critiques and judges to the point where the person who is at the other end of that pointing finger feels ostracized, alienated and alone. I don't think that that is what Jesus intended. When I read through my Bible - I see a firm yet gentle restoration that Jesus ministered to those around Him. Look at John 21:15-19. When Peter who was at an all time low point in his walk - he was firmly, yet lovingly restored by Jesus. He didn't tear him down, or yell or make him feel any worse then he already did. He spoke to him lovingly and gently - and in doing so, Peter was able to repent and minister in a much more powerful, humble and confident way and it became one of the largest ministries ever.

Please note that I am only a vessel, my calling - to write. I dedicate this blog to the Lord and ask that He use it to reach out and touch whoever needs a special, loving, personal touch from Him. My hope is that the Holy Spirit allows you to see Him through the words (and not me). We go through things so that we can extend our right hand of fellowship behind us to assist and help someone else. Our Bible is the same today, as it was yesterday as it will be tomorrow. (I am far from perfect and do not profess to have all the answers...) but the good news is - Our Heavenly Father does! His love, forgiveness, grace and mercy is real!Nothing you are experiencing in your walk comes as a surprise to Him! May He be glorified through this blog and may God bless you at whatever stage in your walk you are in!~



I am a Breast Cancer Survivor

I am a Breast Cancer Survivor
I was diagnosed with early stage triple negative breast cancer on June 24th, 2010 - I have been cancer free for 10 years now. It was only a chapter in my life - NOT my life, but the impact is one that has changed my life forever. Its important for women to know that 80% of the breast cancer diagnosis come from women who don't have a history of it in their family (My family didn't). Early detection is the key. For more information please click on the pink ribbon above. It could save your life.
Powered By Blogger

Pages

November 26, 2014

Count Your Blessings~

Life is GOOOOOOD!
I woke up this morning counting my blessings... It always gets my goat how people want to rush right from Thanksgiving to Christmas not giving Thanksgiving the respect it deserves.  It's *not* about the food - its about the thanks.

I don't know about you, but it made me a bit annoyed when I saw that stores were going to be open at 6pm Thanksgiving evening so that people could begin their "holiday shopping."  How sad is it that we live in a country that can't even spend ONE WHOLE DAY just giving thanks?  Something that we should do EVERY day.  It makes me shake my head...

What are you thankful for?  Do you have your health?  Be thankful!  Do you have family around you? Hug them up mighty much!  Do you have a roof over your head? Food in your belly?  You may not have everything you want (and who does?) but be thankful for the little things because when you really think about it - they amount to much.  This comes from a  cancer survivor who has learned not to take any day God gives me for granted.

New beginnings can be intimidating.  Change is scary - but it can also be exciting! Be open to new opportunities that present themselves to you.  You never know what's behind "door #2"  it may be exactly what you need.  Be prayerful but also be willing.  I say that from personal experience - with new beginnings ahead of me.  Don't be fearful be faithful and expect God to bless you because He wants to!  You just have to believe!

Look ahead of you - not behind.  The rearview mirror in a car is smaller than the wide window in front of you for a reason!  Think about this past year and be thankful for the lessons you learned, what are you taking with you from this year as it passes by? What are you leaving behind?  What are you looking forward to?  What are your hopes?  Your thoughts?  Your dreams?

Maybe the disappointments in our lives make the wonderful moments all the more meaningful and special?  New beginnings can be scary - but they can also be wonderful!  I recently bought a beautiful old fashioned quilted board that I am calling my "Bucket Board" for 2015.  I am pinning on it items that I plan on doing in 2015 and quite frankly, it's exciting!  I only pin on the board small items that signify something I'm going to do.  Things to look forward to!  Instead of being disappointed in the things that didn't work the way I wanted them to, I'm realizing that it just means I need to trust God and know that the "no's" in life may lead to better "yes' " than I can see.  I have to trust that God knows what He is doing, even if I don't understand it.  (Remembering once again that He sees in full while I only see in part.)  And instead of being upset about those "no's" I can praise Him and be thankful for the things that are going to be better in my life than the things that He has said no too.  (Does that make sense?)

My 2015 Bucket Board, a quilted fabric in an old historical frame! (From my favorite shop Paint & Rust & Pixie Dust!) - (Prior to posting a few items on it). The flowers are actually stick pins! Items on there currently? A Spring Re-enactment - New England is filled with people who LOVE history and history itself! I'm in good company! My silly Matchmaker's card - God only knows who He'll bring into my life in 2015! Yenta do your work! LOL! My info on Dennisport Summer Cottages.  These are just a few items on my bucket list for 2015. More to come!
The truth is, life is what you choose to make it! And its all in your perception.  You can choose to go through it heavy hearted and negative (and that is what your experience will be) or you can sit a little straighter, lift your chin up a little higher and say, "Okay! I'm ready for the good stuff Lord! Watch'a got in store for me?  Bring it!  And I thank you IN ADVANCE for it!"

What is it you want it to be?  If you don't know - think about it, pray about it and then go after your dreams.  Make them a reality.  God gave you gifts for a reason - to use!  One is never too old to learn - learn something new!

What are you thankful for? Think on these things or so the Bible says:

"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." (Philippians 4:8)

Life is good.  There is always something to be thankful for. Think on these things.  Surround yourself with people who love you for who you are! Who build you up! Who take an interest in you! And take an interest in them!  Relationships are a two way street they involve giving and taking (or as I like to call it "receiving").    That's the only way they work!  What are you excited about for 2015?  Give thanks!  Spend some time appreciating all the good things in your life and thinking on them.  If there are bad things or things that have upset you this year - recognize them for what are/were.  We have no control over the decisions that other people make.  Pray for them.  If someone has disappointed you or hurt you - read my blogpost below - let it go. We can only take responsibility for ourselves. The decisions other people make, they make and we just have to accept it and move forward.  But moving forward can be a GOOD thing!  It helps you to learn and to grow as an individual.  Thank God for those growth moments - even if you experience "growing pains."  You learn, you grow and you move forward.

Spend time being thankful before you rush into the Christmas season.  Take a moment to count your blessings, view what your learned from the year soon to pass and plan as if you have a future!  Each day God gives us is a blank sheet of life that we are allowed to write upon.  Write well!

No comments: