Hello!~~~

Welcome!~

It has now been ten years since I started this blog. How quickly time goes by! We are many members but we are one in the body of Christ. Therefore you do not journey alone! Hopefully through this site you will be encouraged by the fact that many things you are going through in your own walk, others are going through (or have gone through) as well. Sometimes we think we are "going through things alone." But we are not. God said that "He would Never Leave Nor Forsake Us." (Hebrews 13:5) and that "There is Nothing New Under The Sun." (Ecclesiastes 1:9). No man is an island. It's easy to forget that. May the words in this blog help you to think, encourage you in whatever spiritual state you are in and may the Lord use them to help us to grow in Him! He is the Author and Finisher of our faith!

I don’t want any readers to think that I am “promoting” being a prodigal. I definitely am not. But what I am hoping to do – is to encourage those of us who either have had or are currently experiencing a hard time in our walk to be honest about it. Personal conviction is a powerful thing, especially if you truly love the Lord. I think that sometimes the Body of Christ critiques and judges to the point where the person who is at the other end of that pointing finger feels ostracized, alienated and alone. I don't think that that is what Jesus intended. When I read through my Bible - I see a firm yet gentle restoration that Jesus ministered to those around Him. Look at John 21:15-19. When Peter who was at an all time low point in his walk - he was firmly, yet lovingly restored by Jesus. He didn't tear him down, or yell or make him feel any worse then he already did. He spoke to him lovingly and gently - and in doing so, Peter was able to repent and minister in a much more powerful, humble and confident way and it became one of the largest ministries ever.

Please note that I am only a vessel, my calling - to write. I dedicate this blog to the Lord and ask that He use it to reach out and touch whoever needs a special, loving, personal touch from Him. My hope is that the Holy Spirit allows you to see Him through the words (and not me). We go through things so that we can extend our right hand of fellowship behind us to assist and help someone else. Our Bible is the same today, as it was yesterday as it will be tomorrow. (I am far from perfect and do not profess to have all the answers...) but the good news is - Our Heavenly Father does! His love, forgiveness, grace and mercy is real!Nothing you are experiencing in your walk comes as a surprise to Him! May He be glorified through this blog and may God bless you at whatever stage in your walk you are in!~



I am a Breast Cancer Survivor

I am a Breast Cancer Survivor
I was diagnosed with early stage triple negative breast cancer on June 24th, 2010 - I have been cancer free for 10 years now. It was only a chapter in my life - NOT my life, but the impact is one that has changed my life forever. Its important for women to know that 80% of the breast cancer diagnosis come from women who don't have a history of it in their family (My family didn't). Early detection is the key. For more information please click on the pink ribbon above. It could save your life.
Powered By Blogger

Pages

November 23, 2014

The Dog Whistle

What are you listening to? What message are you choosing to hear?
Sometimes there is so much noise around us that we cannot hear what it is that God is saying to us, so loud are our thoughts, the world, our situations that we mistake the "not hearing" for God not talking to us when all we simply need to do is get quiet.

When I was a little girl, my father brought me to a police auction, there were thousands of unclaimed stolen or found items that the Police Department decided to put to good use by selling and using the proceedings for a good purpose.  I remember sitting by my father's side watching bikes go up for auction, jewelry and other items.  I had my allowance in my jeans pocket and it wasn't until a tiny little dog whistle went up for auction that I realized what I wanted to bid on.  A small silver dog whistle.  I can't recall why I wanted to buy that dog whistle, maybe it was the fascination of something that you blew in that only dogs could hear.  But I bid upon it and I won.  I walked up to the podium to collect my winnings, blew into it and was fascinated by the fact that although all I heard was air going through this silver small instrument, any dogs near by could hear a high pitched whistle meant for their ears alone.

There are times when God wants us to quiet ourselves before Him so that we can hear what it is that He is saying to us.  Set aside the distractions and spend some time with Him and just listen.  We often miss what God is doing in our lives because we have our own agenda or life is yelling so loudly all around us that it is drowning out the voice of God, for no other reason than because we let it.

I reached a fevered point in my walk this past week where I had had enough of the noise.  Enough of the distractions, a point where I didn't want to hear the thoughts and accusations from my prodigal journey (that has been over) but still was haunting me.  I had enough!  It is when I reached that point when all the noise was harassing me and I was crying out to God to make it stop that I heard God tell me:

"Be still and know that I am God." (Psalms 46:10)

When I stilled myself (and that is something that takes a tremendous effort for me to do, because my mind is always going), He told me:

"Demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God and to take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." (2 Corinthians 10:5)

It was only when I did that, that my mind had no choice but to quiet.  Any accusation or something I was trying to put out of my mind and could not do - simply had to flee when I stated, "I don't want to think about that any longer.  I bring my mind and my thoughts under submission to Christ."  Amazingly, the thoughts left.  They couldn't harass me or hinder me anymore and I was filled with peace.  Now, whenever I see those thoughts trying to make their way back into my head I declare that my thoughts are to be under submission to Christ.

God wants you to hear what He is saying to you.  He wants you to put yourself in place where you can receive what it is He is saying.  Sometimes that is harder said than done.  (I know this personally because I am just that hard headed).  It isn't easy to quiet your mind - remember, the mind is the battlefield that ol' slewfoot tries to steal ground upon.  In writing this, I'm visualizing one of the battlefields of Gettysburg.  Opposite sides stood facing each other on opposite ends and then they charged against each other.  Yelling, "CHARGE!!!"  But first they came to the battlefield.  The battlefield is your mind.  Satan wants nothing better than to infiltrate your territory and he does it by whispering accusations and things in your ear.  You choose whether or not you are going to allow him to take ground, or you charge back with the Word of God as your weapon.  (This is why it is important to hide the Word of God in your heart).  Even the most mature of Christians forgets that this is the best weapon we can use against the attack of the enemy.  God's Word.  God's Word and when we don't know what else to do - prayer!  I realized this week that I had been trying to fight the thoughts and accusations that were coming into my mind with my own strength, or I was allowing those thoughts to seriously kick my butt.  I wasn't fighting back and God had already given me ALL the weapons I needed to fight.  Once I reached a point where I was in so much anguish and pain from allowing the enemy to beat me up that all I could do was drop to my knees and cry out - "NO MORE.  Oh God, NO MORE! I don't want to think these thoughts ANYMORE Lord.  HELP!"
That I heard Him so clearly tell me:

"Kelly - demolish every argument and every pretense that sets itself up against the knowledge of ME.  Any time those unwelcome thoughts or remembrances pop up in your mind you tell it that YOU are taking it CAPTIVE and make it obedient to ME."

I did and it cleared the battlefield.  Wiped the enemy right out.  Restored my peace and reminded me who it is who I have given control of my life - God.

Get your mind focused on Him.  Be still and know that He is God.  We can't do anything in and of ourselves - but in Him and by Him and through Him, we can do ANYTHING.  The battle has already been won - when Jesus died upon that cross and rose from the dead - He defeated the devil. It is walking IN that victory that it is the hard part. But He also tells us in His word:

"I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me."  (Philippians 4:13)

Who are you going to believe?

No comments: