Hello!~~~

Welcome!~

It has now been ten years since I started this blog. How quickly time goes by! We are many members but we are one in the body of Christ. Therefore you do not journey alone! Hopefully through this site you will be encouraged by the fact that many things you are going through in your own walk, others are going through (or have gone through) as well. Sometimes we think we are "going through things alone." But we are not. God said that "He would Never Leave Nor Forsake Us." (Hebrews 13:5) and that "There is Nothing New Under The Sun." (Ecclesiastes 1:9). No man is an island. It's easy to forget that. May the words in this blog help you to think, encourage you in whatever spiritual state you are in and may the Lord use them to help us to grow in Him! He is the Author and Finisher of our faith!

I don’t want any readers to think that I am “promoting” being a prodigal. I definitely am not. But what I am hoping to do – is to encourage those of us who either have had or are currently experiencing a hard time in our walk to be honest about it. Personal conviction is a powerful thing, especially if you truly love the Lord. I think that sometimes the Body of Christ critiques and judges to the point where the person who is at the other end of that pointing finger feels ostracized, alienated and alone. I don't think that that is what Jesus intended. When I read through my Bible - I see a firm yet gentle restoration that Jesus ministered to those around Him. Look at John 21:15-19. When Peter who was at an all time low point in his walk - he was firmly, yet lovingly restored by Jesus. He didn't tear him down, or yell or make him feel any worse then he already did. He spoke to him lovingly and gently - and in doing so, Peter was able to repent and minister in a much more powerful, humble and confident way and it became one of the largest ministries ever.

Please note that I am only a vessel, my calling - to write. I dedicate this blog to the Lord and ask that He use it to reach out and touch whoever needs a special, loving, personal touch from Him. My hope is that the Holy Spirit allows you to see Him through the words (and not me). We go through things so that we can extend our right hand of fellowship behind us to assist and help someone else. Our Bible is the same today, as it was yesterday as it will be tomorrow. (I am far from perfect and do not profess to have all the answers...) but the good news is - Our Heavenly Father does! His love, forgiveness, grace and mercy is real!Nothing you are experiencing in your walk comes as a surprise to Him! May He be glorified through this blog and may God bless you at whatever stage in your walk you are in!~



I am a Breast Cancer Survivor

I am a Breast Cancer Survivor
I was diagnosed with early stage triple negative breast cancer on June 24th, 2010 - I have been cancer free for 10 years now. It was only a chapter in my life - NOT my life, but the impact is one that has changed my life forever. Its important for women to know that 80% of the breast cancer diagnosis come from women who don't have a history of it in their family (My family didn't). Early detection is the key. For more information please click on the pink ribbon above. It could save your life.
Powered By Blogger

Pages

December 16, 2014

In ___________ You Trust. (Fill in the blank) Who Do You Trust?


I’ve been thinking about the word and the significance of the word, “trust,” such a tiny word, but one that means so much and is the cornerstone of any solid relationship.
Who do YOU trust?  Answer honestly; perhaps I should be more specific.  Who have you placed your trust in?
When I was a teenager, I was a counselor at a girl’s overnight camp in New Hampshire.  We use to play a game which involved trust.  Each one of us had a partner for the game.  We would stand in front of our partner with our backs facing them.  We would fall back and trust that our partner would catch us.  Who do you trust enough to catch you, should you fall?
Deeper still – do you trust yourself?  That may sound kind of strange, but think about it…  There have been times in my own life where I have made unwise decisions that have caused me anguish and pain. It has made me re-evaluate myself and the decisions I make.  I have to rebuild trust in myself by being wise in the decisions I make and part of that is learning to guard my heart because I realize that you can also be “too” trusting.
“Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.” (Proverbs 4:23)
On the most important level – do you trust God?  How do you view Him?  As a strong disciplinarian or as a loving, patient, forgiving Father? 
Our individual views on trust are built upon our life experiences. Honestly I will say that I have both been the recipient of having trust broken as well as breaking trust.  If you take a hard honest look at your own experiences with trust, what do you see?
Trust is fragile.  Trust is putting your faith in someone, your confidence in someone.  To me trust, friendship and love go hand in hand.  It also sets the foundation for any future relationships.  It is hard to trust if your trust has been broken in the past.  It is only natural to think that if you have been hurt, you will be hurt again.  Like someone who has been physically abused, and cringes when someone raises their hand.  When trust is broken the wound is deep and requires healing and restoration.  If you are the person who has broken the trust it requires self-reflection, why did you do what you did? It requires confession (and I don’t mean before another individual, I mean between you and God, after all it is a personal relationship you have with Him and once you have taken responsibility and gone before the Father, He will guide you on where to go from there and it will be some direction that puts you on a closer walk with Him and teaches you in a very personal way, His grace), and then forgiveness.  Including the forgiveness of yourself – which is a crucial part of true repentance. 
If you are the recipient of that broken trust, it requires the same, restoration, healing and forgiving the individual or situation that caused you pain.  Both sides are equally hard and painful to experience, without God both sides are impossible to heal.  But with God’s help healing and restoration in time are truly possible.
If we are completely honest with ourselves, we will admit that there are times when we have missed the mark; times when we have hurt someone unintentionally and maybe sometimes intentionally.  It depends upon your frame of mind, your life experiences and the type of individual you are.  There is a saying, “hurt people hurt people.”  Unless the “hurts” are healed in your life, unless you face them you either develop a “chip on your shoulder” or build up a wall that keeps anyone out, even someone who wants to know or love you for who you really are.  Our preconceived ideas of how an individual is based upon what we’ve experienced in the past, which is unfair to the person who is the recipient of hurts that have occurred in your life in the past, and doesn’t give that person a fair chance for you to know them.  You can short change yourself in coming to know someone who truly wants to know you for you by piling on them the hurts of past situations or un-trust or building up walls. You can tell if a person really cares about you if they are patient to gently prove to you that there is no need to keep those walls up.  This requires patience, love and someone who really is or wants to be a good friend. The proof is in the pudding and good friends are hard to come by, if you have someone like that in your life - count your blessings.  Sometimes we need to take time to heal and recover before we can move forward.
There are several scriptures that deal with the topic of trust, particularly and importantly about the Lord, because if you trust in Him, than the other trusts (yourself and other people) should follow suit, or the revelation that you need healing for trust issues will be revealed.  Perhaps these scriptures will give you (as they have for me me) food for thought:
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)
“And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you.” (Psalms 9:10)
“You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.” (Isaiah 26:3)
“To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David. I waited patiently for the Lord; he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the Lord. Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, who does not turn to the proud, to those who go astray after a lie! You have multiplied, O Lord my God, your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us; none can compare with you! I will proclaim and tell of them, yet they are more than can be told.” (Psalms 40:1-17)
“Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.” (Jeremiah 17:7-8)
I have learned over my time as a prodigal not to judge someone unless I have walked in their shoes.  I have also learned never to say never because you “never” know where life or your own decisions will take you.  You can easily become the person you swore you’d never be. It all comes down to trust. Trust in God, trust in yourself and trust in others.  So again I ask – who do YOU trust?  And if you don’t, what are you doing about it? Food for thought...

No comments: