Hello!~~~

Welcome!~

It has now been ten years since I started this blog. How quickly time goes by! We are many members but we are one in the body of Christ. Therefore you do not journey alone! Hopefully through this site you will be encouraged by the fact that many things you are going through in your own walk, others are going through (or have gone through) as well. Sometimes we think we are "going through things alone." But we are not. God said that "He would Never Leave Nor Forsake Us." (Hebrews 13:5) and that "There is Nothing New Under The Sun." (Ecclesiastes 1:9). No man is an island. It's easy to forget that. May the words in this blog help you to think, encourage you in whatever spiritual state you are in and may the Lord use them to help us to grow in Him! He is the Author and Finisher of our faith!

I don’t want any readers to think that I am “promoting” being a prodigal. I definitely am not. But what I am hoping to do – is to encourage those of us who either have had or are currently experiencing a hard time in our walk to be honest about it. Personal conviction is a powerful thing, especially if you truly love the Lord. I think that sometimes the Body of Christ critiques and judges to the point where the person who is at the other end of that pointing finger feels ostracized, alienated and alone. I don't think that that is what Jesus intended. When I read through my Bible - I see a firm yet gentle restoration that Jesus ministered to those around Him. Look at John 21:15-19. When Peter who was at an all time low point in his walk - he was firmly, yet lovingly restored by Jesus. He didn't tear him down, or yell or make him feel any worse then he already did. He spoke to him lovingly and gently - and in doing so, Peter was able to repent and minister in a much more powerful, humble and confident way and it became one of the largest ministries ever.

Please note that I am only a vessel, my calling - to write. I dedicate this blog to the Lord and ask that He use it to reach out and touch whoever needs a special, loving, personal touch from Him. My hope is that the Holy Spirit allows you to see Him through the words (and not me). We go through things so that we can extend our right hand of fellowship behind us to assist and help someone else. Our Bible is the same today, as it was yesterday as it will be tomorrow. (I am far from perfect and do not profess to have all the answers...) but the good news is - Our Heavenly Father does! His love, forgiveness, grace and mercy is real!Nothing you are experiencing in your walk comes as a surprise to Him! May He be glorified through this blog and may God bless you at whatever stage in your walk you are in!~



I am a Breast Cancer Survivor

I am a Breast Cancer Survivor
I was diagnosed with early stage triple negative breast cancer on June 24th, 2010 - I have been cancer free for 10 years now. It was only a chapter in my life - NOT my life, but the impact is one that has changed my life forever. Its important for women to know that 80% of the breast cancer diagnosis come from women who don't have a history of it in their family (My family didn't). Early detection is the key. For more information please click on the pink ribbon above. It could save your life.
Powered By Blogger

Pages

December 18, 2014

Seasons Change


It's Time to Celebrate Life! "L'Chaim!"
Good things come to ex-Prodigals!  Oh yes… You just have to believe it!  It is so easy to stay in a “head hung down” position.  But THAT is not your calling!  Once a prodigal does not mean ALWAYS a prodigal!  You know, once the son returned home the Father killed the fatted calf!  They celebrated!  They had a party!  In other words the son was loved up mighty much!  Hopefully he was able to enjoy it!
“But the father said to his slaves, 'Quickly bring out the best robe and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand and sandals on his feet; and bring the fattened calf, kill it, and let us eat and celebrate; for this son of mine was dead and has come to life again; he was lost and has been found.' And they began to celebrate.…” (Luke 15:23-24)
If you have made your way back home, it’s time to stop looking behind you, and look ahead.  A prodigal journey is not one that should last you ALL your life.  It was a season.  Seasons change and now it’s time to move forward, wiser with the information you have gained.  Stop beating yourself up, let go of what has already been let go.  If God’s not holding you for it, why should you?  Get out of that “time out corner” that you have put yourself in and begin a fresh.  You can’t go back, you can’t change the past BUT you can go forward.  Straighten up that back, raise that chin high, lift those eyes up, they’ve been focused down too long.  YOU are a child of the UTMOST HIGH God.  You are royalty.  You belong to Him.  It’s time to move forward.  Close the doors on 2014 and wait with baited breath and joyful expectation for all that He has in store for you for 2015.
I have learned from my experience with cancer that life is too short.  That you must savor every moment! That each day we are given is a gift from God, a blank sheet of paper to write fresh upon!  So write well!  He has given you gifts – discover them and use them!  There is no greater joy than using your God given talents to glorify Him!  Try something new in 2015.  Is there something you’ve always wanted to try?  Something you’ve never done before?  As I have stated in my previous posts, I bought a quilted board that I call my “Bucket Board.”  I have begun to list things I plan to do in 2015 on it.  Things I had put off for one reason or another.   What desires has God put into your heart?  Maybe take a moment to write them down and list them.  You might find yourself giggling over them as I did, because some of them things that came to mind, were funny!  For instance, I plan on trying to ride one of those stationary bulls.  I’ve always wanted to try it! So why not?! If anything it will be a crack up and who knows? Perhaps I will actually surprise myself by being able to hold on longer than I imagine! J
Wrap your arms around life and hug it REAL tight.  These are the memories that later on, you’ll look back on.  Don’t let ol’slew foot keep you stagnant in a pool of prodigal regrets that you have already come out of, if you’ve made your way back home – your outta there!  Don’t stew in it.  Life is a journey with peaks and valleys and you need to keep stepping!   
When I went through cancer, I gained an inch scar where they took the cancer out, right where you would place your hand to say the pledge of allegiance.  I gained a huge scar underneath my left arm pit.  They did what they had to do to save my life – and they did it well.  Compared to what some of my beautiful Pink Sisters have gone through, physically my body has changed little (most of my scarring from my experience is more predominan upon what cancer did to my life and the wounds show up more upon my soul).  My body had gone through a war – and by the mercy and grace and love of God, I came out of it victorious, my life in tack, but I felt as though I wanted (needed) to take my body back.  Claim it as my own once again.  Hence, I made a decision to do something I never thought I would do – get a tattoo as a birthday present to me, for me with love.  Around my left ankle I got a pink ribbon tattoo (like an anklet) with a white ribbon entwined with it that says, “Survivor.”  I claimed my body back as MINE.  Later on I got another tattoo of a butterfly with my favorite quote from  the movie (musical) Fiddler on the Roof.  “L’Chaim!”  Which is Hebrew for “to life!”
At that same time, I found a quote by my favorite poet, Maya Angelou:
“My mission in life is not nearly to survive, but to thrive, and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor and some style.”
Next to writing for the Lord, which is my calling – the above quote is my mission in life as well.  Find out what your gifts are and use them. They were given to you for a reason, not to squelch.  There is a purpose for your life that God intended you to utilize when He created you. Perhaps if you don’t know what that purpose is it should be the top item on your “bucket” list for 2015.  Celebrate Prince/Princess of the King. There is a party being thrown in your honor! It’s time to close the door on 2014 and walk through the open door of 2015.  The BEST is YET to come.

No comments: