Hello!~~~

Welcome!~

It has now been ten years since I started this blog. How quickly time goes by! We are many members but we are one in the body of Christ. Therefore you do not journey alone! Hopefully through this site you will be encouraged by the fact that many things you are going through in your own walk, others are going through (or have gone through) as well. Sometimes we think we are "going through things alone." But we are not. God said that "He would Never Leave Nor Forsake Us." (Hebrews 13:5) and that "There is Nothing New Under The Sun." (Ecclesiastes 1:9). No man is an island. It's easy to forget that. May the words in this blog help you to think, encourage you in whatever spiritual state you are in and may the Lord use them to help us to grow in Him! He is the Author and Finisher of our faith!

I don’t want any readers to think that I am “promoting” being a prodigal. I definitely am not. But what I am hoping to do – is to encourage those of us who either have had or are currently experiencing a hard time in our walk to be honest about it. Personal conviction is a powerful thing, especially if you truly love the Lord. I think that sometimes the Body of Christ critiques and judges to the point where the person who is at the other end of that pointing finger feels ostracized, alienated and alone. I don't think that that is what Jesus intended. When I read through my Bible - I see a firm yet gentle restoration that Jesus ministered to those around Him. Look at John 21:15-19. When Peter who was at an all time low point in his walk - he was firmly, yet lovingly restored by Jesus. He didn't tear him down, or yell or make him feel any worse then he already did. He spoke to him lovingly and gently - and in doing so, Peter was able to repent and minister in a much more powerful, humble and confident way and it became one of the largest ministries ever.

Please note that I am only a vessel, my calling - to write. I dedicate this blog to the Lord and ask that He use it to reach out and touch whoever needs a special, loving, personal touch from Him. My hope is that the Holy Spirit allows you to see Him through the words (and not me). We go through things so that we can extend our right hand of fellowship behind us to assist and help someone else. Our Bible is the same today, as it was yesterday as it will be tomorrow. (I am far from perfect and do not profess to have all the answers...) but the good news is - Our Heavenly Father does! His love, forgiveness, grace and mercy is real!Nothing you are experiencing in your walk comes as a surprise to Him! May He be glorified through this blog and may God bless you at whatever stage in your walk you are in!~



I am a Breast Cancer Survivor

I am a Breast Cancer Survivor
I was diagnosed with early stage triple negative breast cancer on June 24th, 2010 - I have been cancer free for 10 years now. It was only a chapter in my life - NOT my life, but the impact is one that has changed my life forever. Its important for women to know that 80% of the breast cancer diagnosis come from women who don't have a history of it in their family (My family didn't). Early detection is the key. For more information please click on the pink ribbon above. It could save your life.
Powered By Blogger

Pages

March 10, 2015

Deer Me!!!! (Yes, I meant to spell it that way...)

One Saturday morning, last Fall, I was driving down a country road with my children.  It was a beautiful Fall day, everything was bathed in color.  There is nothing like the beauty of an autumn day in New England, trees with leaves bathed in gold, orange and red hues, breathtakingly beautiful.  The kind of day where you just know that you know that you know there is a God and He’s amazing, the kind of day where you are so glad to be alive. We were driving along, listening to the radio, enjoying the scenery and each other’s company, when suddenly, out of nowhere a deer comes flying out of the woods and jumps over the top of the hood of our car, like one of Santa’s reindeer doing a flying leap.  It happened so fast we could hardly believe what we were seeing!  It was so graceful a move, like a ballet dancer doing a beautifully choreographic leap in the air, we were astounded.  It would have been a beautiful and precise action if only the deer did not run head first straight into the side of a door of a car driving in the opposite direction.  Shocked, we slowed our car down, turned the car around to see if the driver of the other car and the deer were okay, still floored by what we had witnessed.  We started praying as we turned that the deer and driver would be okay.  By the time we had turned the car around and driven back the way we had come, the other driver (unhurt) had gotten out of his car and was standing by the deer, who was clearly dazed, sitting on the ground with her feet tucked beneath her.  She didn’t appear to be injured, just stunned.

“Are you okay?”  I rolled my window down and yelled out to the driver.
“Yeah, but my car’s not.” The driver called back to me.  I took a glance at his car and could see that there was a huge dent in the driver’s door and the window was broken.

“Is there anything I can do? Is she okay?” I called out to him.
“No, I’ve placed a call to see if we can get her some help.  I’m just standing by her so that she doesn’t get hit by another car, but I think she is just stunned.” 

Even as he spoke, the deer shakily rose up on her legs; she shook her head as if to clear it.  She had a few cuts and probably plenty of bruises, but stood on her legs and at that moment, bounded off into the woods.  We all watched her in silence, releasing breathes we more than likely did not know we’d been holding, glad to see she was alright… Our eyes followed her as she bounded off into the woods only to watch as she head first smacked right into a tree trunk.  I had to laugh.  Poor deer, I imagined her thinking, “oh what a day I am having!” As she continued on into the forest; we’ve all had days like that. I totally sympathized with her plight.
Sometimes life feels like that, I imagine a male buck was probably pursuing her and running from the situation she found herself in  a situation she didn’t expect to be in, worse than the first or we get lost because we feel we are running blindly into one situation after another.  The best thing to do, is just stop.  Stop, look and listen.
Stop – because your thoughts are probably going like your heart rate, a mile a minute trying to figure out what you should do.  You’ve entered what they call “survivor mode” or having a “flight or fight” response.  Your thoughts are all over the page – “Oh no! Oh no! What am I going to do? What am I going to do? How am I going to get out of this mess I am?” Panic mode when you can’t think clearly.  All you see are the problems that are before you. STOP.  You may be surprised at the situation that you are in but God is not.  Your thoughts are going at such a rate that you are in “hyper-ventilating” mode and that’s when you are unable to think clearly. JUST STOP.  In fact the Bible says:
“Be still and know that I am God.” (Psalms 46:10)
Look – after you have stilled yourself.  Look to God; bring the situation right there to the foot of the cross.

“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” (Psalms 46:1)
We were not created to be dependent upon ourselves.  We were created to be dependent on God.  He is so much greater than our troubles, He wants us to bring our worries and our cares to Him.  So many times we try to figure out things on our own and we can’t. He wants us to come to Him in prayer, believing that He desires to help us.
“Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:29-30)
The only way you can understand this, is if you recognize your need to have Him in your life. You were not made with the intent to carry everything yourself.  We are not strong enough, nor are we able. God wants us to recognize that we are dependent upon Him.  That’s not a bad thing either, there is peace in that, there is security in that, and there is rest in that.
Once we’ve stopped and looked up to Him.  Then we are to be still and to listen.  Listen - Hear what God is saying about the situation.  Listening can sometimes be the hardest part, especially when we live in a world filled with so much noise.  But if we’ve followed the first two steps – stopped and looked we should be at a point of expectation – listening and expecting to hear from our Father.
What situation are you in? What are you anxious about? What is it that you are worried about? Anxiety and worry are not of God.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7)
I think that God allowed my family and I to see that sweet troubled deer for a reason that day, to remind us that when we try to run away from situations we just crash and get dazed before confusedly running off into another direction all over again. What we should do is stop – gather our thoughts take a deep breath; look – to our God who is the source of all answers and who clears away all confusion and listen – to the God who promises to guide us and keep us and to never leave nor forsake us all the days of our lives.  He is the lifter of our heads, the director of our path who sees the fullness of us.  All we need to do, is trust in Him.
“The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like deer's feet, and he will make me walk upon my high places.” (Habakkuk 3:19)

No comments: