Hello!~~~

Welcome!~

It has now been ten years since I started this blog. How quickly time goes by! We are many members but we are one in the body of Christ. Therefore you do not journey alone! Hopefully through this site you will be encouraged by the fact that many things you are going through in your own walk, others are going through (or have gone through) as well. Sometimes we think we are "going through things alone." But we are not. God said that "He would Never Leave Nor Forsake Us." (Hebrews 13:5) and that "There is Nothing New Under The Sun." (Ecclesiastes 1:9). No man is an island. It's easy to forget that. May the words in this blog help you to think, encourage you in whatever spiritual state you are in and may the Lord use them to help us to grow in Him! He is the Author and Finisher of our faith!

I don’t want any readers to think that I am “promoting” being a prodigal. I definitely am not. But what I am hoping to do – is to encourage those of us who either have had or are currently experiencing a hard time in our walk to be honest about it. Personal conviction is a powerful thing, especially if you truly love the Lord. I think that sometimes the Body of Christ critiques and judges to the point where the person who is at the other end of that pointing finger feels ostracized, alienated and alone. I don't think that that is what Jesus intended. When I read through my Bible - I see a firm yet gentle restoration that Jesus ministered to those around Him. Look at John 21:15-19. When Peter who was at an all time low point in his walk - he was firmly, yet lovingly restored by Jesus. He didn't tear him down, or yell or make him feel any worse then he already did. He spoke to him lovingly and gently - and in doing so, Peter was able to repent and minister in a much more powerful, humble and confident way and it became one of the largest ministries ever.

Please note that I am only a vessel, my calling - to write. I dedicate this blog to the Lord and ask that He use it to reach out and touch whoever needs a special, loving, personal touch from Him. My hope is that the Holy Spirit allows you to see Him through the words (and not me). We go through things so that we can extend our right hand of fellowship behind us to assist and help someone else. Our Bible is the same today, as it was yesterday as it will be tomorrow. (I am far from perfect and do not profess to have all the answers...) but the good news is - Our Heavenly Father does! His love, forgiveness, grace and mercy is real!Nothing you are experiencing in your walk comes as a surprise to Him! May He be glorified through this blog and may God bless you at whatever stage in your walk you are in!~



I am a Breast Cancer Survivor

I am a Breast Cancer Survivor
I was diagnosed with early stage triple negative breast cancer on June 24th, 2010 - I have been cancer free for 10 years now. It was only a chapter in my life - NOT my life, but the impact is one that has changed my life forever. Its important for women to know that 80% of the breast cancer diagnosis come from women who don't have a history of it in their family (My family didn't). Early detection is the key. For more information please click on the pink ribbon above. It could save your life.
Powered By Blogger

Pages

March 17, 2015

What Zone Are You In?

Our God is the God of second chances... He is a God full of grace, mercy, forgiveness and love. Throughout the Bible we can see examples of this through Jesus' ministry.  If we call ourselves "Christians" (which by definition means to be Christ-like) we are called to do the same.
 
This is something that I try to remember with each person that comes into my life, Christian or non-Christian.  Everyone has their own story, some are so vastly different from my own and out of my realm of experience that there are times when I have had to remove my own unexpected prejudices and view them as I believe God would have me view them. This not always easy to do. Sin is sin and with God, there is no degree of sin. So my sins are no greater or lesser than someone else's or vica versa.

How did Jesus do it? When I think about it, I am amazed.  God came down out of Heaven in the form of man to meet us right where we were at.  He left His "comfort zone" to be amongst lowly us.  Why? Because He loves us.  When Jesus was here, He went where no one would have chosen to go - amongst the lepers, amongst the tax collectors, the prostitutes - the lowest of low.  How many of us would have wrinkled up our noses, lifted up our chins in pride and disgust, not realizing or willing to see that we are just as low in whatever our own sins have been as those that Jesus decided to be amongst.

How can someone see the love of Christ if no one is willing to venture out? If everyone decides to stay in "their place of comfort."  Jesus left His place of comfort for YOU shouldn't you be willing to do the same, should God bring an individual in your life who shares experiences that shock you, shakes you and makes you feel uncomfortable?  Maybe God wants you to be uncomfortable so that you can remember that the Bible says:

"All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away." (Isaiah 64:6)

What changes and transforms all of us who are open to it, is the love of Christ .  If someone did not come forward and tell you about Him, you would not have come into the knowledge of Christ and what He did for you. We are all called to be missionaries in whatever part of the world God has us situated.  We are missionaries in our own daily lives.  We must keep in mind that perhaps the only "Christ" people will see is what they see in you.  They should see love, mercy, forgiveness, humility and a non-judgmental spirit.  We need to learn to leave all the judging to God.  He is the one who looks at the heart.  It's okay to struggle with the stories that you may hear of things that have occurred in someone's life.  But its not okay to sit upon a royal, pompous seat of judgment and judge that person because their lives have differed so vastly from your own.

There is a story that Jesus tells (and one that I have blogged about and you can find in my post listings posted in January, 2015 entitled, "A Modern but Very Old Tale") that speaks of this, about a woman caught in the act of adultery. Jesus said to those who were surrounding her, preparing to stone her:

When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." (John 8:7)

Are you without sin? Look at your life.  I think not.  You may not admit it to anyone else - but at least admit it to yourself. Take a good hard look at your own life and think about what you need to change. Stop worrying about what someone else does. If you are worried about someone else - PRAY FOR THEM.

There are some hurting people out there, in THIS day, in THIS age and what they need is not our condemnation and judgment - but our love.  Let me rephrase that - Christ's love through us.  That is the only thing that makes a difference in ANYONE'S life.  Jesus said:

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)

He is the God who forgives, the God who shows love, the God who shows mercy, the God who transforms, and He is in the business of using people.  He came down in the form of a person (Jesus) to meet us where we were at.  He command the disciples:

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (Matthew 28:19-20).

"Thank you Lord, for leaving your place of comfort for ME.  Thank You for giving up Your life for mine.  Help me to follow Your lead and show others Your love so that You may reach them through me so that they may know that there is hope.  That you can heal, that you can change, that you forgive, that You renew that You transform. That the Bible is filled with examples of those You chose to use to glorify Your name who felt they were "unusable."  It was David the eighth and youngest son of Jesse, a shepherd boy yet you chose him to defeat Goliath. Thank You Lord in seeing worth in me.  Help me to view others as You view them and help me to be Your vessel so that I can show them how You view them as well. Give me a loving and merciful heart in Jesus' name I pray. Amen"

God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things--and the things that are not--to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him. It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God--that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. Therefore, as it is written: "Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord." (1 Corinthians 1:28-31)

When you allow God to direct you where He wants you to be, and use you to interact with others - He is glorified. When you allow yourself to get "out" of your comfort zone - God is able to work through you more affectively because you are getting out of the way and He can enter in.  Next time you start feeling uncomfortable, think upon these words, because there is no greater feeling than knowing that God did a work through you and because of your faithfulness, brought someone to salvation using you as His vessel. 

"I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent." (Luke 15:7)

And ALL of Heaven rejoices.

No comments: