Hello!~~~

Welcome!~

It has now been ten years since I started this blog. How quickly time goes by! We are many members but we are one in the body of Christ. Therefore you do not journey alone! Hopefully through this site you will be encouraged by the fact that many things you are going through in your own walk, others are going through (or have gone through) as well. Sometimes we think we are "going through things alone." But we are not. God said that "He would Never Leave Nor Forsake Us." (Hebrews 13:5) and that "There is Nothing New Under The Sun." (Ecclesiastes 1:9). No man is an island. It's easy to forget that. May the words in this blog help you to think, encourage you in whatever spiritual state you are in and may the Lord use them to help us to grow in Him! He is the Author and Finisher of our faith!

I don’t want any readers to think that I am “promoting” being a prodigal. I definitely am not. But what I am hoping to do – is to encourage those of us who either have had or are currently experiencing a hard time in our walk to be honest about it. Personal conviction is a powerful thing, especially if you truly love the Lord. I think that sometimes the Body of Christ critiques and judges to the point where the person who is at the other end of that pointing finger feels ostracized, alienated and alone. I don't think that that is what Jesus intended. When I read through my Bible - I see a firm yet gentle restoration that Jesus ministered to those around Him. Look at John 21:15-19. When Peter who was at an all time low point in his walk - he was firmly, yet lovingly restored by Jesus. He didn't tear him down, or yell or make him feel any worse then he already did. He spoke to him lovingly and gently - and in doing so, Peter was able to repent and minister in a much more powerful, humble and confident way and it became one of the largest ministries ever.

Please note that I am only a vessel, my calling - to write. I dedicate this blog to the Lord and ask that He use it to reach out and touch whoever needs a special, loving, personal touch from Him. My hope is that the Holy Spirit allows you to see Him through the words (and not me). We go through things so that we can extend our right hand of fellowship behind us to assist and help someone else. Our Bible is the same today, as it was yesterday as it will be tomorrow. (I am far from perfect and do not profess to have all the answers...) but the good news is - Our Heavenly Father does! His love, forgiveness, grace and mercy is real!Nothing you are experiencing in your walk comes as a surprise to Him! May He be glorified through this blog and may God bless you at whatever stage in your walk you are in!~



I am a Breast Cancer Survivor

I am a Breast Cancer Survivor
I was diagnosed with early stage triple negative breast cancer on June 24th, 2010 - I have been cancer free for 10 years now. It was only a chapter in my life - NOT my life, but the impact is one that has changed my life forever. Its important for women to know that 80% of the breast cancer diagnosis come from women who don't have a history of it in their family (My family didn't). Early detection is the key. For more information please click on the pink ribbon above. It could save your life.
Powered By Blogger

Pages

March 5, 2015

Go Ahead! Whack That Mole! Another One Bites the Dust!


Another One Bites The Dust.
I've been having one of those seasons in my life that I can only describe in this fashion... Anyone who is a parent of a young child will get my connotation. When my children were little we use to take them to this kid favorite restaurant/game center called Chuck E. Cheese. A place where they could run around and play all kind of games, climb up and go through overhead tunnels and just run themselves ragged. When they got hungry, Chuck E. Cheese (also being a fast food restaurant) had pizza that you could purchase. Oh by the end of the day both parent (from chasing after their child) and kid were exhausted.

Well, I remember one of the games they had. It was called "Whack a Mole." A mole would pop out of one of several holes (you'd have to guess which) and you would take a big hammer which was tied to the edge of the game and whack whatever hole you thought that mole would come out. Your goal, to whack as many moles as you possibly could.

That game has come to my remembrance because it has felt as though that has been the way my life has been lately. A situation comes up - I whack it! There's another one - OOPS another one! And there is another one... The faster I whack them the quicker another one comes up; to the point where I'm emotionally exhausted. Have you ever felt like that? It is to the point where I just want to pull a Clint Eastwood move and yell to the dang things, "Go ahead make my day!" and pull out a big ol' gun and shoot the whole game clear off the board of my life! Then blow the smoke off the tip of my gun, tuck it back into my  hip holster and ride off into the now-everything-is-fine sunset. If only it was that easy!

There used to be a commercial that came on TV for a bubble bath product called "Calgon." The commercial showed a harried woman at home. The phone was ringing, the dog needed to be let out, the children were screaming and there is this woman - looking straight into the camera crying out, "Calgon take me aaaaaaaaawaaaaaay." And the next shot was of her luxuriously lounging in a bathtub full of bubbles, with not a worry in her head.... If only a bubble bath could be THAT good!

What do you do when you feel that way? I wish I had an easy answer... I guess it is during this time, when we are truly to walk by faith and not be led by our feelings. Sometimes it feels like we are walking blindly, not knowing which way to go. It is hard not to feel frustrated when seasons like this occur. I don't know about you, but I am a very emotional person. The Bible tells us not to be led by our feelings and to me, that can be easier said than done.

This is a time when it is important to stay in communication with God. Even if you don't feel Him, don't see Him - He's there. He said He would never leave nor forsake you. (Hebrews 13:5)

When I feel this way, I simply try talking to Him and share my frustration with Him. Even when I don't feel it I know that He is my Father and He cares. Hey - He is the BIGGEST mole whacker weapon there is! Not only does He whack them, He obliterates them! Prayer and reciting your promises are two of your biggest life mole whacker weapons!

Mole whacking bring out anxiety. God said in His word: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." (Philippians 4:6)

Maybe this is a season of refinement. One where the "yuck" of things within us that need changing are being burnt off.  Sometimes the plans we have for ourselves are not the plans that God has for us.  He has something better in store, if only we can trust and believe Him for it.  Sometimes we just need to do what Jesus did and go away from the crowds, go some place where we can get quiet before Him, shut out the noise of our lives, the noise of our thoughts and just listen.  It's not easy to shut out the noise of the world around us, but when we are able to do that, quiet down and determine that we won't let those pesky worries (which is what those annoying moles are) get the best of us, we might just experience a renewal of peace,restoration, direction and focus.


No comments: