Hello!~~~

Welcome!~

It has now been ten years since I started this blog. How quickly time goes by! We are many members but we are one in the body of Christ. Therefore you do not journey alone! Hopefully through this site you will be encouraged by the fact that many things you are going through in your own walk, others are going through (or have gone through) as well. Sometimes we think we are "going through things alone." But we are not. God said that "He would Never Leave Nor Forsake Us." (Hebrews 13:5) and that "There is Nothing New Under The Sun." (Ecclesiastes 1:9). No man is an island. It's easy to forget that. May the words in this blog help you to think, encourage you in whatever spiritual state you are in and may the Lord use them to help us to grow in Him! He is the Author and Finisher of our faith!

I don’t want any readers to think that I am “promoting” being a prodigal. I definitely am not. But what I am hoping to do – is to encourage those of us who either have had or are currently experiencing a hard time in our walk to be honest about it. Personal conviction is a powerful thing, especially if you truly love the Lord. I think that sometimes the Body of Christ critiques and judges to the point where the person who is at the other end of that pointing finger feels ostracized, alienated and alone. I don't think that that is what Jesus intended. When I read through my Bible - I see a firm yet gentle restoration that Jesus ministered to those around Him. Look at John 21:15-19. When Peter who was at an all time low point in his walk - he was firmly, yet lovingly restored by Jesus. He didn't tear him down, or yell or make him feel any worse then he already did. He spoke to him lovingly and gently - and in doing so, Peter was able to repent and minister in a much more powerful, humble and confident way and it became one of the largest ministries ever.

Please note that I am only a vessel, my calling - to write. I dedicate this blog to the Lord and ask that He use it to reach out and touch whoever needs a special, loving, personal touch from Him. My hope is that the Holy Spirit allows you to see Him through the words (and not me). We go through things so that we can extend our right hand of fellowship behind us to assist and help someone else. Our Bible is the same today, as it was yesterday as it will be tomorrow. (I am far from perfect and do not profess to have all the answers...) but the good news is - Our Heavenly Father does! His love, forgiveness, grace and mercy is real!Nothing you are experiencing in your walk comes as a surprise to Him! May He be glorified through this blog and may God bless you at whatever stage in your walk you are in!~



I am a Breast Cancer Survivor

I am a Breast Cancer Survivor
I was diagnosed with early stage triple negative breast cancer on June 24th, 2010 - I have been cancer free for 10 years now. It was only a chapter in my life - NOT my life, but the impact is one that has changed my life forever. Its important for women to know that 80% of the breast cancer diagnosis come from women who don't have a history of it in their family (My family didn't). Early detection is the key. For more information please click on the pink ribbon above. It could save your life.
Powered By Blogger

Pages

April 20, 2010

Is it Well with Your Soul?

Ahhhh for those of us who are in a prodigal state (okay - bluntly - backslidden) this is a question that cuts deep.  For myself - I have to remember that I am my own worst critic.  Why is it we see all our faults and imperfections and we don't give much thought to the gifts our Father has given us?  I think for those of us who have been saved for a long time - perhaps the expectation within ourselves of where we are - and where we should be are two things that cause us to be overly critical of ourselves.

My soul is at war with what I know I should do - and what I do.  Sometimes I feel as though I am looking "outside myself" and wondering who this person is? I am not excusing the things we do that we know we should not. (Although it would be quite easy to do that...) We blame our circumstances, our unhappiness, our families, our finances, etc... Its very easy to come up with many reasons why we are struggling against what we know is right.  However - I have to remind myself there is no degree of sin with our Father.

It can be kind of scarey when you think about it.  I have a tendancy to talk to the Father like I would talk to a friend in conversation.  I figure it is pointless to hide things from Him because He sees everything anyhow. So why hide how you feel?  What you are doing?  Be honest with Him.  The Bible tells us "He knows your thoughts before you even think them..." (Where is that?? Oh how these verses come into my mind and then I have to scramble to figure out where they are... they are tucked away in my heart... But I certainly should blog with a concordance by my side... Sheepish grin... - I'm being lazy... LOL)

I'm far too transparent and straightforward for my own good. (Chuckling) Are you the same? I'm finding that making my way back to my soul "being well" is being honest of my current situation. Our Father is a loving Father. He is merciful and He is graceful.  I have to remember (and believe!) that the rules He has provided for us are ours for a reason.  Not because He is being a mean Father.  I try to compare it to the things I say to my children.  For instance, if I saw my 4 year old son reaching to touch the stove - I would tell him, "Don't touch that!"  He might look at me puzzled because it was something he wanted to do.  And maybe he would even disobey me and touch it anyway.  And if he did - he would get burned.  God tells us things for a reason. Although my head knows that - my heart doesn't always obey... And then we wonder why we hurt? Why we feel lost? Why we feel depressed? Or discouraged? But think again of that small child touching the stove in disobedience.  What would you do with your own child after he burned his fingers?  Me - I would gather my son into my arms (Exasperated and perhaps annoyed) but still - I would gather him close.  Run him over to the kitchen sink and run cold water on his burnt little fingers.  Depending on how bad the burn - do whatever I needed to do to let him know that I was there.  Not happy with what he did - but loving him just the same. Hoping that he had learned a valuable lesson.  Wanting ONLY the best for my child.

Here I go with a scripture again... The Bible tells us "If we being evil give good gifts to our children - how much more so does your Heavenly Father want to give to you?" He only wants our best.  Even when we don't feel that or see it... Even now he is gathering you into His arms.  Kissing the back of your head.  Hoping that you will get back on that pathway (if you have strayed) that He has set for your life.  He loves you - even when you don't love yourself....

(I promise I will start posting where these scriptures that come into my head are in our Word... Grinz again sheepishly..)

No comments: