Hello!~~~

Welcome!~

It has now been ten years since I started this blog. How quickly time goes by! We are many members but we are one in the body of Christ. Therefore you do not journey alone! Hopefully through this site you will be encouraged by the fact that many things you are going through in your own walk, others are going through (or have gone through) as well. Sometimes we think we are "going through things alone." But we are not. God said that "He would Never Leave Nor Forsake Us." (Hebrews 13:5) and that "There is Nothing New Under The Sun." (Ecclesiastes 1:9). No man is an island. It's easy to forget that. May the words in this blog help you to think, encourage you in whatever spiritual state you are in and may the Lord use them to help us to grow in Him! He is the Author and Finisher of our faith!

I don’t want any readers to think that I am “promoting” being a prodigal. I definitely am not. But what I am hoping to do – is to encourage those of us who either have had or are currently experiencing a hard time in our walk to be honest about it. Personal conviction is a powerful thing, especially if you truly love the Lord. I think that sometimes the Body of Christ critiques and judges to the point where the person who is at the other end of that pointing finger feels ostracized, alienated and alone. I don't think that that is what Jesus intended. When I read through my Bible - I see a firm yet gentle restoration that Jesus ministered to those around Him. Look at John 21:15-19. When Peter who was at an all time low point in his walk - he was firmly, yet lovingly restored by Jesus. He didn't tear him down, or yell or make him feel any worse then he already did. He spoke to him lovingly and gently - and in doing so, Peter was able to repent and minister in a much more powerful, humble and confident way and it became one of the largest ministries ever.

Please note that I am only a vessel, my calling - to write. I dedicate this blog to the Lord and ask that He use it to reach out and touch whoever needs a special, loving, personal touch from Him. My hope is that the Holy Spirit allows you to see Him through the words (and not me). We go through things so that we can extend our right hand of fellowship behind us to assist and help someone else. Our Bible is the same today, as it was yesterday as it will be tomorrow. (I am far from perfect and do not profess to have all the answers...) but the good news is - Our Heavenly Father does! His love, forgiveness, grace and mercy is real!Nothing you are experiencing in your walk comes as a surprise to Him! May He be glorified through this blog and may God bless you at whatever stage in your walk you are in!~



I am a Breast Cancer Survivor

I am a Breast Cancer Survivor
I was diagnosed with early stage triple negative breast cancer on June 24th, 2010 - I have been cancer free for 10 years now. It was only a chapter in my life - NOT my life, but the impact is one that has changed my life forever. Its important for women to know that 80% of the breast cancer diagnosis come from women who don't have a history of it in their family (My family didn't). Early detection is the key. For more information please click on the pink ribbon above. It could save your life.
Powered By Blogger

Pages

April 18, 2010

My Journey Home Begins~

I hesitated as I thought of what to call my blog site. Truth be told, I've never done this before... Finally trying to be obedient to a calling I've ignored for 23 years. I've been a Christian since I was 21. Never ever in my walk did I ever think I'd consider myself as one of my Father's "prodigal children." But for the last two years - that is exactly what I've been. This blog is not a "confessional site" what I've decided to do is to extend "my right hand of fellowship" to the brother or sister behind me - to encourage them. One of the biggest mistakes we make as Christians is looking at others and saying, "Oh no! I will never do that... I will never be like that individual over there.. Poor dear..." The saying "Pride before a Fall" (Proverbs 16:18) Is very true. I think sometimes we (even unknowingly) judge people in our minds. I've been extremely humbled and I've learned to leave my judging to the "Judge." Besides that I've figured out that I need to "remove the plank from my own eye" instead of trying to remove the speck from someone else (Luke 6:42).
We are all on a journey called, "Life." And I can truly say "there go I by the grace of God." It's only under His blood and by His grace that we can go forward. In the last two years I have discovered MORE about myself in my Prodigal's state - then I have in my whole walk with Christ of 22 years. And as I sit here and write this - I realize even more that the Bible tells us that "we see in part - but He sees in full."(1 Corinthians 13:12). That fills me with a peace that can only come from our Heavenly Father. I'll be honest and say - I don't have all the answers. I'm figuring out as I go, and I'm sure to make mistakes along the way. But I want to share my blog with you to encourage you. To lift your spirits up and to in turn, lift mine.

I guess you can say - this prodigal's daughter is trying hard to find her way back home. I know there will be times when I think to myself "okkkaaay, I'm not quite sure I can do this...." I know it will be a process - but I also know that the Father has promised me that never will He leave nor forsake me (Deuteronomy 31:8) and Greater is He that is in ME then he that is within the world. Praise God for a Father who is merciful, graceful, patient and loving. I hope this blog will bless you, encourage you, make you laugh, help you to grow. I hope you will share words of encouragement and stories from your own experiences as well. For sometimes it helps others to know that what they are going through is not something that hasn't been experienced by someone else. Someone who has come forth victorious! Because if you really think about it (as I have and am) if we don't experience these "prodigal moments" at some point within our walks - how can we effectively minister to others?

The Bible tells us that we are "many members but we are one in the body of Christ." I believe I am a "finger." (LOL) since I type 90 wpm and I love to write. What are you? Every part of the body is important. Think about it - Nothing hurts WORSE then a paper cut! (Laughing). Sends signals all throughout your body that you've got this tiny little boo-boo that hurts like... well - you know what! Every part of the body is important. From the most vital organ to each little cell. It all makes up one body. So we have to be there to pick each other up, brush off the dirt from our clothes and get our feet set back upon the pathway.

He didn't say it would be easy - but He did say that He would NEVER give us more than we could bare. Journey with me - and let's grow in Christ together.

No comments: