Hello!~~~

Welcome!~

It has now been ten years since I started this blog. How quickly time goes by! We are many members but we are one in the body of Christ. Therefore you do not journey alone! Hopefully through this site you will be encouraged by the fact that many things you are going through in your own walk, others are going through (or have gone through) as well. Sometimes we think we are "going through things alone." But we are not. God said that "He would Never Leave Nor Forsake Us." (Hebrews 13:5) and that "There is Nothing New Under The Sun." (Ecclesiastes 1:9). No man is an island. It's easy to forget that. May the words in this blog help you to think, encourage you in whatever spiritual state you are in and may the Lord use them to help us to grow in Him! He is the Author and Finisher of our faith!

I don’t want any readers to think that I am “promoting” being a prodigal. I definitely am not. But what I am hoping to do – is to encourage those of us who either have had or are currently experiencing a hard time in our walk to be honest about it. Personal conviction is a powerful thing, especially if you truly love the Lord. I think that sometimes the Body of Christ critiques and judges to the point where the person who is at the other end of that pointing finger feels ostracized, alienated and alone. I don't think that that is what Jesus intended. When I read through my Bible - I see a firm yet gentle restoration that Jesus ministered to those around Him. Look at John 21:15-19. When Peter who was at an all time low point in his walk - he was firmly, yet lovingly restored by Jesus. He didn't tear him down, or yell or make him feel any worse then he already did. He spoke to him lovingly and gently - and in doing so, Peter was able to repent and minister in a much more powerful, humble and confident way and it became one of the largest ministries ever.

Please note that I am only a vessel, my calling - to write. I dedicate this blog to the Lord and ask that He use it to reach out and touch whoever needs a special, loving, personal touch from Him. My hope is that the Holy Spirit allows you to see Him through the words (and not me). We go through things so that we can extend our right hand of fellowship behind us to assist and help someone else. Our Bible is the same today, as it was yesterday as it will be tomorrow. (I am far from perfect and do not profess to have all the answers...) but the good news is - Our Heavenly Father does! His love, forgiveness, grace and mercy is real!Nothing you are experiencing in your walk comes as a surprise to Him! May He be glorified through this blog and may God bless you at whatever stage in your walk you are in!~



I am a Breast Cancer Survivor

I am a Breast Cancer Survivor
I was diagnosed with early stage triple negative breast cancer on June 24th, 2010 - I have been cancer free for 10 years now. It was only a chapter in my life - NOT my life, but the impact is one that has changed my life forever. Its important for women to know that 80% of the breast cancer diagnosis come from women who don't have a history of it in their family (My family didn't). Early detection is the key. For more information please click on the pink ribbon above. It could save your life.
Powered By Blogger

Pages

July 12, 2010

Hmmm.. Is that YOU walking out the door naked?

More and more I am learning that it is BY GRACE we are saved - through faith and this not of yourselves - it is the GIFT of GOD (Ephesians 2:8).

Throughout these three weeks I've put myself under a "spiritual microscope" and came up lacking.  And then ol' slewfoot and his minions would remind me over and over again of my shortcomings, of my faults, of my lack of my "prodigalness" (if you will) - and then this scripture came to mind.  Then I started thinking - its so easy to get caught up in the things we need to work on within ourselves.  If your honest with yourself - you know what those things are.  With me - They are forever before me. But then comes the realization of something I already knew and its a promise me we have - "That we can be confident of this - that HE who HAS BEGUN a good work in you will carry it through to completion until the day of Christ Jesus" (Philippians 1:6).  Notice that says HE WHO HAS BEGUN A GOOD WORK IN YOU - there is no ME in that.  It is all HIM. I'm so thankful that it is HIM and Not ME.  I have confidence in Jesus.  I know that while I may be the type of person who starts things and doesn't finish them - He always does.  There is peace in that - isn't there?

When you are told you have breast cancer - or maybe any cancer - I'm so new at this I don't begin to speak for others - because its sooo personal.  But the first thing you want to do - is RUN from your body.  Honestly (and forgive my transparency and bluntness) but I wanted to have my breasts cut off - right away.  Even the one that didn't have the tumor. I wanted it GONE. It was hard for me to think about doing my hair - for the same reason.  Why should I? Chemo will make it fall out? That was my line of thought. Its not going to be mine for much longer.  What difference does it make?  But then today, I realized this - Our bodies are a temple unto Him.  Our bodies are not our own.  When we gave our lives over to the Lord and made Him our Lord and Savior - our bodies became HIS. To use as He will.  Its just the "shell" for who we really are inside.  Our spirit.  I am thankful that when we become Born-Again that we are not necessarily given a look at how our life will be.  Because the fact is - its not our lives anymore - they belong to Him.  Does that make sense?  He can write upon our lives whatever "story" He wants.  Because we have given Him the authority (through having free choice) to do so.  Today, I spent agonizing time waiting to hear from the doctor regarding the results to my tests, scans, MRI.  I woke up full of uncertainty and anxiety and yes - even fear.  And that is when it occured to me that I needed to "get dressed" - put on my spiritual armor.  Because the main way that satan attacks us - is through our thought process. I needed to put on my "Helmet of Salvation" - to protect my thoughts, my mind, to focus on my promises - my Word.  I then put on my "Breastplate of righteousness." I think as I indicated that was the hardest part of my armor for me to put on - when I've just wanted to get rid of my breast which has felt like my own body has deceived me.  But they are not mine - they are HIS. Does that make sense? My body is a temple unto Him and while he has given my doctors and surgeons wisdom as to what course I need to go through - I need to not feel as though my body is not my own. Its HIS. The next part of the armor - is the "Belt of Truth" - we need to walk in our promises.  To believe the Word of God. To know that God has given us this spiritual armor for a reason.  You wouldn't necessarily walk out of your house naked would you? ;P  So many of us Christians do.  We need to fully put on our armor  - and walk confidently in the protection of the Lord. I pictured "shodding my feet with the Gospel of peace. And picking up my Sword of the Spirit and my shield of faith." Instead of waiting for the doctor to call ME - trembling, cowering, doubting, fearing - I picked UP the phone and dialed her number myself.  Ready to battle.  Ready to believe. Ready to walk by faith.  I began to praise God and thank Him by faith as I waited to receive a call back. To know that I could (through Christ) take charge! NOT walk in fear.  But praise Him for the victory NOW.  And the wonderful thing about it  - is when my call was returned I was told that they saw nothing to indicate the cancer had spread on my scans.  Hallelujiah!!! I rejoiced!

I'm so thankful for God's mercies, for God's grace. For God's love. I know that I can do nothing in and of myself - and I don't want to. I want to be all about HIM. And I think that is what He wants.  And I think He wants us to realize that it is a lifetime thing with Him.  We are constantly growing, changing - every day of our lives for as long as we have breath in our body.  I thought about how hard it must have been for Jesus (and I know I can't even presume that I know what He went through in the Garden of Gethsemane) but He waited for his fate. He waited to fullfill his purpose.  He anguished about it before the Father in prayer. But He finally said "Not my will but thine."(Luke 22:42) I don't pretend to know what my Savior went through - but I DO know how hard it is waiting. Waiting to hear news, waiting to go through surgery - waiting waiting waiting - what are you waiting for? Maybe there is something for us to learn in the interim of the waiting... There's a lesson there. We use to sing a song in church that had words that followed like this:  "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up like wings of an eagle - they shall run and never faint."(Isaiah 40:31)

Whatever you are going through right now - it may come as a surprise to you - but it doesn't to HIM. Take authority - know that you are a "King's Kid" (no matter your age) and honestly - that the battle is His. He's won it - and so we have the authority to walk in that victory.  And most importantly to remember - that the victory may be ours- but it is ONLY through Him who gave His life for US that we are able. "My strength comes from the Lord.  So when the devil starts taunting you with your faults and weaknesses and yes - sins - you can raise your Shield of Faith and your Sword of the Spirit and say "The Lord is my stength and my shield, my heart trusts in Him" (Psalms 28:7)

1 comment:

wendy lewis said...

I have been singing "My Life is in His Hands" for my church's crusades for about 13 yrs now, so, how interesting you would post this song now. :) My point is, the lyrics are so very true to me, "Life can be soo good, Life can be so hard, never knowing what each day will bring to where you are. Sometimes I forget, sometimes I can't see, THAT WHATEVER COMES MY WAY, YOU'LL BE WITH ME." This is just not a song to me...it is my life....and yours too! I love you! xoxox and the blog is da bomb!