Hello!~~~

Welcome!~

It has now been ten years since I started this blog. How quickly time goes by! We are many members but we are one in the body of Christ. Therefore you do not journey alone! Hopefully through this site you will be encouraged by the fact that many things you are going through in your own walk, others are going through (or have gone through) as well. Sometimes we think we are "going through things alone." But we are not. God said that "He would Never Leave Nor Forsake Us." (Hebrews 13:5) and that "There is Nothing New Under The Sun." (Ecclesiastes 1:9). No man is an island. It's easy to forget that. May the words in this blog help you to think, encourage you in whatever spiritual state you are in and may the Lord use them to help us to grow in Him! He is the Author and Finisher of our faith!

I don’t want any readers to think that I am “promoting” being a prodigal. I definitely am not. But what I am hoping to do – is to encourage those of us who either have had or are currently experiencing a hard time in our walk to be honest about it. Personal conviction is a powerful thing, especially if you truly love the Lord. I think that sometimes the Body of Christ critiques and judges to the point where the person who is at the other end of that pointing finger feels ostracized, alienated and alone. I don't think that that is what Jesus intended. When I read through my Bible - I see a firm yet gentle restoration that Jesus ministered to those around Him. Look at John 21:15-19. When Peter who was at an all time low point in his walk - he was firmly, yet lovingly restored by Jesus. He didn't tear him down, or yell or make him feel any worse then he already did. He spoke to him lovingly and gently - and in doing so, Peter was able to repent and minister in a much more powerful, humble and confident way and it became one of the largest ministries ever.

Please note that I am only a vessel, my calling - to write. I dedicate this blog to the Lord and ask that He use it to reach out and touch whoever needs a special, loving, personal touch from Him. My hope is that the Holy Spirit allows you to see Him through the words (and not me). We go through things so that we can extend our right hand of fellowship behind us to assist and help someone else. Our Bible is the same today, as it was yesterday as it will be tomorrow. (I am far from perfect and do not profess to have all the answers...) but the good news is - Our Heavenly Father does! His love, forgiveness, grace and mercy is real!Nothing you are experiencing in your walk comes as a surprise to Him! May He be glorified through this blog and may God bless you at whatever stage in your walk you are in!~



I am a Breast Cancer Survivor

I am a Breast Cancer Survivor
I was diagnosed with early stage triple negative breast cancer on June 24th, 2010 - I have been cancer free for 10 years now. It was only a chapter in my life - NOT my life, but the impact is one that has changed my life forever. Its important for women to know that 80% of the breast cancer diagnosis come from women who don't have a history of it in their family (My family didn't). Early detection is the key. For more information please click on the pink ribbon above. It could save your life.
Powered By Blogger

Pages

July 31, 2010

It IS Amazing Indeed - When You Really Think About It! ~


I woke up yesterday morning thinking about Mark 15:38 "And the curtain the sanctuary of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom." The temple in the curtain ripped when the Son of God gave His life. It made it so that instead of being "under the old testament law" we were able - through grace, love and mercy -the blood of the lamb (Jesus) able to come boldly to the throne of God. Can you imagine the look of sheer surprise and perhaps shock on the faces of the priests faces? Can you imagine the sound of the ripping of the heavy material that made up the curtain - since it ripped from top to bottom in two?? Oh what a wonderful God we serve. Who loves us enough to walk amongst us. Who cares enough to leave the glory of Heaven and come down and actually walk among us. We don't deserve His love. But that is what He did. He made it "personal."  He gave His life for the forgiveness of our sins.  There is no way we can wrap our minds around the "hugeness" of that. He rose up from the dead and is seated on the right hand of the Father and He is interceding for us! We have our very own cheerleader! Now doesn't that make you love Him even more?! THAT is the difference between "religion" where you can't approach God directly and a "personal relationship" where you can boldly by the shed blood of the lamb - Jesus go to the Father in prayer.

I've been thinking a lot about how there have been many "curtains" that have ripped in my life from top to bottom (and of course unlike the first paragraph where it really happened in the temple - I'm figuratively speaking). Usually when that has happened it has been a real change that has occurred in my life. Either a change in the way i think, I live or I do things. Has any "curtains" in your life been torn asunder? Recently for me it has been awake up call. We don't mean to do it but we do think we'll have tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow and we see things happen to others and perhaps in our mind we think how "terrible it is" but "that wouldn't happen to us."  As if there is a reason that bad things happen to people?! The Bible tells us in Matthew 5:45  "That it rains on the just and unjust." I look at that scripture and I realize for the millionth time that there go I but for the GRACE of GOD. Its only the shed blood of Jesus and the fact that I have made Him my Lord and Savior. That I have said - "Jesus I believe that you were born of the Virgin Mary, that you lived, died on the cross and rose again for the forgiveness of my sins. That you are seated on the right hand of the Father and will come again. I ask you to come into my life - be not only my Savior but Lord of my life." In accordance to John 3:16 "God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but shall have ever lasting life." When you "believe in something" you try to live in accordance to that belief. If I tell you "I love you" but I don't act like it - are you going to believe me? I saw a saying the other day that made me nod my head in agreement. It was "Christians aren't perfect - just forgiven." The only difference between a believer and a non-believer is the "blood of Jesus."  I look at my friends who are not Christians and that is the only difference. We struggle with the same sins, have the same problems, breath the same air. The only difference is that I have acknowledged that the only way I can come to the Father is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ. Which covers me. I've made Jesus my Savior and Lord of my life. And while once I thought it was as easy as pie - that I had it made! I have matured in my walk with the Lord - have you? And I realize that as long as I have breathe in my body I will have things that I need to work on. Shouldn't the "prodigal" moments in our walks bring us closer to the Lord? Making Jesus "Lord of my life" is a DAILY thing. I'm 43 years old - I've only been a Christian since I was 21. That is still 22 years of not knowing Jesus that get in the "way" of my thinking some times. We "aren't perfect" and for those Christians who walk around like they are, well they're about ready for a "prodigal moment" in their own lives. Isn't it better to admit to yourselves where you are in Christ? Acknowledge what you need to work on - what weaknesses or struggles you have? Bring it before your Father (who by the way already knows) in prayer? And even - with someone who can be your prayer partner lift up those struggles with another brother or sister in Christ? "Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayers of a righteous man is powerful and effective." (James 5:15-16). God did not call us to be "islands" the Bible tells us "we are many members but we are one in the body of Christ." (Romans 12:5). You'd be surprised at once you get over the shyness of sharing how good it makes you feel. How much "stronger" you become - and lastly how whatever you are going through - you're not alone. You'd be SURPRISED how many other people are going through (or have gone through) the SAME thing you're going through right now - and over come it. It's easy to separate yourself and put walls up around yourself. It makes you vulnerable though and sometimes there are certain things we just can't get through or make sense of on our own. Sometimes its really true that "two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their work, if one falls down his friend can help him up!" (Ecclesiastes 4:9)
And there is no shame in needing someone - no shame at all.

No comments: