Hello!~~~

Welcome!~

It has now been ten years since I started this blog. How quickly time goes by! We are many members but we are one in the body of Christ. Therefore you do not journey alone! Hopefully through this site you will be encouraged by the fact that many things you are going through in your own walk, others are going through (or have gone through) as well. Sometimes we think we are "going through things alone." But we are not. God said that "He would Never Leave Nor Forsake Us." (Hebrews 13:5) and that "There is Nothing New Under The Sun." (Ecclesiastes 1:9). No man is an island. It's easy to forget that. May the words in this blog help you to think, encourage you in whatever spiritual state you are in and may the Lord use them to help us to grow in Him! He is the Author and Finisher of our faith!

I don’t want any readers to think that I am “promoting” being a prodigal. I definitely am not. But what I am hoping to do – is to encourage those of us who either have had or are currently experiencing a hard time in our walk to be honest about it. Personal conviction is a powerful thing, especially if you truly love the Lord. I think that sometimes the Body of Christ critiques and judges to the point where the person who is at the other end of that pointing finger feels ostracized, alienated and alone. I don't think that that is what Jesus intended. When I read through my Bible - I see a firm yet gentle restoration that Jesus ministered to those around Him. Look at John 21:15-19. When Peter who was at an all time low point in his walk - he was firmly, yet lovingly restored by Jesus. He didn't tear him down, or yell or make him feel any worse then he already did. He spoke to him lovingly and gently - and in doing so, Peter was able to repent and minister in a much more powerful, humble and confident way and it became one of the largest ministries ever.

Please note that I am only a vessel, my calling - to write. I dedicate this blog to the Lord and ask that He use it to reach out and touch whoever needs a special, loving, personal touch from Him. My hope is that the Holy Spirit allows you to see Him through the words (and not me). We go through things so that we can extend our right hand of fellowship behind us to assist and help someone else. Our Bible is the same today, as it was yesterday as it will be tomorrow. (I am far from perfect and do not profess to have all the answers...) but the good news is - Our Heavenly Father does! His love, forgiveness, grace and mercy is real!Nothing you are experiencing in your walk comes as a surprise to Him! May He be glorified through this blog and may God bless you at whatever stage in your walk you are in!~



I am a Breast Cancer Survivor

I am a Breast Cancer Survivor
I was diagnosed with early stage triple negative breast cancer on June 24th, 2010 - I have been cancer free for 10 years now. It was only a chapter in my life - NOT my life, but the impact is one that has changed my life forever. Its important for women to know that 80% of the breast cancer diagnosis come from women who don't have a history of it in their family (My family didn't). Early detection is the key. For more information please click on the pink ribbon above. It could save your life.
Powered By Blogger

Pages

July 28, 2010

Where is Your Focus?

And YOU thought this Flower was dead - didn't you? Look at the very tip. Things aren't ALWAYS as they seem. I took this picture during a walk in my childhood neighborhood and the scripture "Joel 2:25 I will restore you the years that the locust has eaten." We are to walk BY FAITH not by Sight. I see hope in this flower - don't you?
Today's the day I go the hospital, back to the surgeons office and we review the pathology report from the surgery. I will probably be given a "stage" and I imagine the next course of action will be planned out. I feel like a soldier preparing for battle plans. I'd best not forget to put on my spiritual armor today. The Helmet of Salvation, the Breast Plate of Righteousness, around my waist I put the Belt of Truth. I shod my feet with the preparation of the Gospel, I pick up my Shield of Faith and my Sword of the Spirit. I will "Trust in the Lord with ALL my heart, I will lean not to my own understanding. In all my ways I shall acknowledge Him and He shall direct my path." (Proverbs 3:56).

I've been thinking about how we all get wrapped up in the pettiness of life. We lose focus. We get busy. We don't "stop and smell the roses." We take people we love for granted, we think we are promised tomorrow. We forget that the Word is a "living Word." It is. Throughout the 22 years that I've been a Christian I've seen so many things. Things that have confirmed to me that the Bible is true. That God is REAL. But mostly what God has done in my life - is shown me that where people will leave you, disappoint you or whatever - GOD NEVER WILL. I cannot describe the peace that passes ALL understanding. Even when you are at a prodigal point in your walk. God loves YOU. There is something deep inside us that is empty and we each try to fill it with different things. But the thing is - that "thing" will ONLY feel "full" or "satisfied" when you fill it with HIM. You know, I have a few friends who know what my "prodigalness" has been. Because I'm very transparent with those the Lord uses me to be transparent with. I don't drink or do drugs or anything like that - but there are other ways of filling emptiness inside of you. Those are just the most obvious ones. And I've seen people get delivered from them. What is your weakness? Where is it that God needs to touch you, fill you and strengthen you? Confess it to Him. He knows it anyways. Confess it. Cry out to the Lord - "Lord I cannot change this area in my life. I've tried - but I can't. I need YOU to fill it. I need YOU to change me. I need YOU to show me. I need YOU to help me."

It is so easy for us to look over at Sister So-and-So or Brother You-Need-to-Get-Right.  But what God wants us to do - is look deep within ourselves. To see WHAT we need to change about US. And to restore our brothers and sisters in Christ  - with LOVE. Gently. To have ears that listen. Eyes that see. Arms that reach and hug. Jesus came to set the captives FREE. (Galatians 3:8-9) In John 8:7 said to the people who wanted to see the woman who had been caught in adultery stoned. "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." Stop looking at others and seeing what they need to change. Let God deal with them on that. What do YOU need to change about YOU?  I don't know about you - but with me. My sins are ever before me. And if you aren't careful - ol' slewfoot will take those sins and harrass you with them until you think that God will never forgive you. Oh yes - that is what he does. But LISTEN. God WILL forgive. All we need to do is confess to HIM. For me, it has helped me to have a couple of sisters in Christ that I am close to, that I can share with. That I can say - "Pray for me here because this is an area of confusion for me. This is an area I can't seem to figure out. This is an area that I'm having trouble with." And they can do the same. That is WHY God gave us brothers and sisters in Christ. To help each other. To pray for each other.  The Bible says in John 5:16 "Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayers of a righteousman are powerful and affective." Notice it doesn't say - "Find out what the trouble is with your brother and sister and beat them over the head with my Word." Every where that I look in the Bible Jesus restored gently. In truth but IN LOVE. He's to be our example. Remember the bible also says in Matthew 7:2 "For in the same way you judge others, YOU will be judged."

I was thinking this morning about all that has changed in my life in the last four weeks. I was trying to see the silver lining in the midst of all this and I did see things - this is what I saw. My brother and I have gotten closer. I didn't realize how much i missed him, we'd drifted a part and now we are closer than ever. Its hard for me not to well up with tears in my eyes when I realize how MUCH I missed my kid brother. My mom and I are spending so much time together. I'm staying with her during this process because the health care here in Boston where I was raised is world wide famous and where I live has terrible health care. (One thing to definitely keep in mind BEFORE moving to a new area. How are the hospitals? I didn't think of that because I'm still "relatively young" - How I wish I had. You NEVER know what tomorrow holds. Even if you are "relatively young." ;)  I've met some wonderful women who are also Breast Cancer survivors - women I probably never would have met otherwise. I couldn't get through this without the strength of those women. Women who KNOW. And then there are my steadfast friends - you know who you are. And I love them sooo deeply. So truly. (I'm getting emotional). I read today that "God will take us through deep valleys to discover great treasures. Isaiah 45:3 says "I will give you treasures of darkness and the hidden riches in secret places that you may know that it is I,  the Lord, The God of Israel who has called you by name." 

He is calling us by name! He is in control. He loves us. We forget that. Maybe its time for us to respond. Hear that knocking on the door? I know who it is - do you? How about answering it? You may be in for a pleasant surprise.  In fact I KNOW you will.

No comments: