Hello!~~~

Welcome!~

It has now been ten years since I started this blog. How quickly time goes by! We are many members but we are one in the body of Christ. Therefore you do not journey alone! Hopefully through this site you will be encouraged by the fact that many things you are going through in your own walk, others are going through (or have gone through) as well. Sometimes we think we are "going through things alone." But we are not. God said that "He would Never Leave Nor Forsake Us." (Hebrews 13:5) and that "There is Nothing New Under The Sun." (Ecclesiastes 1:9). No man is an island. It's easy to forget that. May the words in this blog help you to think, encourage you in whatever spiritual state you are in and may the Lord use them to help us to grow in Him! He is the Author and Finisher of our faith!

I don’t want any readers to think that I am “promoting” being a prodigal. I definitely am not. But what I am hoping to do – is to encourage those of us who either have had or are currently experiencing a hard time in our walk to be honest about it. Personal conviction is a powerful thing, especially if you truly love the Lord. I think that sometimes the Body of Christ critiques and judges to the point where the person who is at the other end of that pointing finger feels ostracized, alienated and alone. I don't think that that is what Jesus intended. When I read through my Bible - I see a firm yet gentle restoration that Jesus ministered to those around Him. Look at John 21:15-19. When Peter who was at an all time low point in his walk - he was firmly, yet lovingly restored by Jesus. He didn't tear him down, or yell or make him feel any worse then he already did. He spoke to him lovingly and gently - and in doing so, Peter was able to repent and minister in a much more powerful, humble and confident way and it became one of the largest ministries ever.

Please note that I am only a vessel, my calling - to write. I dedicate this blog to the Lord and ask that He use it to reach out and touch whoever needs a special, loving, personal touch from Him. My hope is that the Holy Spirit allows you to see Him through the words (and not me). We go through things so that we can extend our right hand of fellowship behind us to assist and help someone else. Our Bible is the same today, as it was yesterday as it will be tomorrow. (I am far from perfect and do not profess to have all the answers...) but the good news is - Our Heavenly Father does! His love, forgiveness, grace and mercy is real!Nothing you are experiencing in your walk comes as a surprise to Him! May He be glorified through this blog and may God bless you at whatever stage in your walk you are in!~



I am a Breast Cancer Survivor

I am a Breast Cancer Survivor
I was diagnosed with early stage triple negative breast cancer on June 24th, 2010 - I have been cancer free for 10 years now. It was only a chapter in my life - NOT my life, but the impact is one that has changed my life forever. Its important for women to know that 80% of the breast cancer diagnosis come from women who don't have a history of it in their family (My family didn't). Early detection is the key. For more information please click on the pink ribbon above. It could save your life.
Powered By Blogger

Pages

July 8, 2010

I'm a Finger - What are You?



I've been thinking a lot lately about our bodies... And it brings to mind the passage in the Bible (1 Corinthians 12:12) it says "We are many members but we are one in the body of Christ."  I've been thinking that I am a "finger." You're laughing - but its true! (LOL). I type 95 wpm. I think better through my fingers. I express myself through my words that are typed.  It helps me think.  I definitely am a finger in the body of Christ. What are you? And the most interesting thing to me - is that when you get a "paper cut" or a "stubbed toe" the whole body feels the pain.  That's when those of you that "make up the mouth" have to be careful with what you say! (Winking).

How amazing our bodies are made... The way each system works, the way it all works in conjunction with each part... How can anyone NOT believe in God? Honestly... I've probably learned more about my body within the last two weeks than ever before.  I need to give God glory, honor and praise - because of WHO HE IS. He's God! I stand in awe of Him!

Yesterday I went through a battery of testings at the hospital. Ironically the surgeon who will be doing my surgery is named "Dr. Christian" - now come on... NO ONE can tell me God does NOT have a sense of humor!!! I went through blood work, scans, drinking nasty flavored drinks, having dyes pumped into my body.  And through it all - I tried to remember "who I belong to."

I think there are times in our walk - where as I mentioned in a previous post -  "The rubber hits the road." What is going on in your life that makes you stop and rethink? The Bible tells us that "All things work together for the good of those that love the Lord." FOR the GOOD.  I know that sometimes it doesn't "feel" like "its for the good."  But if you are a parent - think of your children.  Remember the times when you had to take them for their annual doctors appointments?  And perhaps in the course of that appointment your child had to get a vaccination? I don't know about you - but for me, with my kids - I would always cringe at the fact that they would have to get a shot and  I would know that I they would look over at me with tear filled eyes.  I would be there to soothe them.  I would have to remember that THIS WAS FOR THEIR GOOD. Although they didn't see it that way, all they would see was the nurse coming down with the needle and that that needle would hurt! I would have to hold on to the thought that there was a "purpose" for the pain. The Bible tells us in 1 Corinthians 13:12 "Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror. Then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known."

God doesn't always make it clear to us why we go through what we go through.  Maybe its to trust Him more? Maybe its to grow closer to Him? Maybe its to be used more fully by Him? I honestly don't know. But I do know this - through whatever I (or you) go through - He is right there beside us. Take His hand and don't only do it through the "bad times" in your life. Do it in the good times.  Let Him be with YOU through this thing called life. He gave His life for YOU. And if you have become a Christian - you've given your life to Him. Imperfections and all. I haven't forgotten that I'm a prodigal. Although guess what? We are ALL prodigals. We all turn away from Him with some part of our life. What is it that you haven't given up to Him? What is it that you haven't released? Don't beat yourself up over it - it may be a slow process.  But recognize it... "Lord - I love you so much. I know that it is only through the blood of Jesus that I can come to you in prayer. Thank you for being a merciful God. Thank you for your grace. Thank you that there is NO way I can "earn" salvation. I'll never be good "enough." But here is the thing Father - I know that Jesus paid the price for me. And so Father - whatever needs changing inside of me - I give to YOU. I recognize the times I doubt, the times I hold onto something - when I should let it go and give it to YOU. I realize that YOU alone are God. Thank you for loving me inspite of myself. Thank you that even though there are times when I'm "sitting on that table getting a shot" I know that all things work together for the good of those who love You. And at those moments I can cry out "Abba Father." My help comes from You. May you receive all the glory, honor and praise - in Jesus' name I pray. Amen....

No comments: