Hello!~~~

Welcome!~

It has now been ten years since I started this blog. How quickly time goes by! We are many members but we are one in the body of Christ. Therefore you do not journey alone! Hopefully through this site you will be encouraged by the fact that many things you are going through in your own walk, others are going through (or have gone through) as well. Sometimes we think we are "going through things alone." But we are not. God said that "He would Never Leave Nor Forsake Us." (Hebrews 13:5) and that "There is Nothing New Under The Sun." (Ecclesiastes 1:9). No man is an island. It's easy to forget that. May the words in this blog help you to think, encourage you in whatever spiritual state you are in and may the Lord use them to help us to grow in Him! He is the Author and Finisher of our faith!

I don’t want any readers to think that I am “promoting” being a prodigal. I definitely am not. But what I am hoping to do – is to encourage those of us who either have had or are currently experiencing a hard time in our walk to be honest about it. Personal conviction is a powerful thing, especially if you truly love the Lord. I think that sometimes the Body of Christ critiques and judges to the point where the person who is at the other end of that pointing finger feels ostracized, alienated and alone. I don't think that that is what Jesus intended. When I read through my Bible - I see a firm yet gentle restoration that Jesus ministered to those around Him. Look at John 21:15-19. When Peter who was at an all time low point in his walk - he was firmly, yet lovingly restored by Jesus. He didn't tear him down, or yell or make him feel any worse then he already did. He spoke to him lovingly and gently - and in doing so, Peter was able to repent and minister in a much more powerful, humble and confident way and it became one of the largest ministries ever.

Please note that I am only a vessel, my calling - to write. I dedicate this blog to the Lord and ask that He use it to reach out and touch whoever needs a special, loving, personal touch from Him. My hope is that the Holy Spirit allows you to see Him through the words (and not me). We go through things so that we can extend our right hand of fellowship behind us to assist and help someone else. Our Bible is the same today, as it was yesterday as it will be tomorrow. (I am far from perfect and do not profess to have all the answers...) but the good news is - Our Heavenly Father does! His love, forgiveness, grace and mercy is real!Nothing you are experiencing in your walk comes as a surprise to Him! May He be glorified through this blog and may God bless you at whatever stage in your walk you are in!~



I am a Breast Cancer Survivor

I am a Breast Cancer Survivor
I was diagnosed with early stage triple negative breast cancer on June 24th, 2010 - I have been cancer free for 10 years now. It was only a chapter in my life - NOT my life, but the impact is one that has changed my life forever. Its important for women to know that 80% of the breast cancer diagnosis come from women who don't have a history of it in their family (My family didn't). Early detection is the key. For more information please click on the pink ribbon above. It could save your life.
Powered By Blogger

Pages

July 19, 2010

It's All About HIM! And I'm soooo glad!

 (*picture below from Imagebank.org.uk)
Tomorrow is the big day. Tomorrow is the day I have the lumpectomy and lymph node removal. Tomorrow is the day they put me under for 3-4 hours. I won't sit here and tell you I'm not afraid. But I will tell you this. I gave my life to the Lord at the age of  21. Humbly, honestly and innocently. I had grown up in a predominantly Jewish neighborhood where they did not speak of "Jesus." I'm so very very glad I did. When no one else has been there - God has been. What did I do? What do I mean by "gave my life to the Lord?" What I mean is that I prayed a very simple prayer. I prayed "Lord Jesus come into my heart and be my Lord and Savior. I believe You were born of the virgin Mary, that You lived, was crucified on the cross for forgiveness of my sins, that You died; rose again and are seated at the right hand of the Father. I believe that You will come again. Come into my heart and be not only my Savior - but Lord of my life." - John 3:16 says "God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that Whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but shall have ever lasting life." I had prayed that prayer not knowing what an affect it would have on my life from that moment on. I had pretty much "challenged" God to make Himself real to me.  And He has. Over and over and over again - through the last 22 years (23 come this October). Its different for each person. Because its like you with your children - they have a personal relationship with you - you don't "love one better than the other" but they are personal, individual relationships. I challenged God to make Himself real to me - and He did.

I have many faults. The last two years - three actually, I've been disappointed, upset - felt as though God was far away from me. HE WASN'T. I just didn't wait long enough or listen carefully enough to remain close to HIM. Like when a teenager is rebellious - I guess you could say - I've been having my "teenage years" in Christ. (LOL). For those of you who are having a "prodigal" experience right now - even as you read this. KNOW THIS. God loves YOU. He loves YOU. Even as you are right now. He's waiting patiently for you to learn whatever life lesson you need to learn and "make that trek back home to Him" as the prodigal son did. I'm STILL in the process of traveling back home to Him. Its not easy. But the first part of repentance is realizing and admitting that something is wrong.  That YOU are wrong. Many of the problems that we have are problems we bring upon ourselves. Oh don't get me wrong - Ol' slewfoot is happy to see you "put your foot in your mouth" and he may even say, "here, let me help you - put it in a little deeper." But when you reach a point where you can say, "The problem Lord - is ME." That is when He reaches down to help you. But also at that time - that time when you are getting ready to "head back home" satan comes to remind you of all the things you've done and did and thought and felt and to dance around your head and whisper in your ear - how inadequate you are. What a liar you are. What a loser you are..." On and on he will go - maybe even to the point where you start thinking God doesn't want you anymore. HE DOES. He LOVES YOU. He's waiting! He's standing at the door knocking! Remember that prodigal's father waiting on the pathway - looking out for his son. He's waiting for you! Don't listen to the words of the devil. He is a LIAR. I feel I need to post the prodigal story for you - for me. For all of us. So we can see it and read it and know that the Bible is full of stories and accounts of REAL PEOPLE. They really lived. They struggled as WE struggle.

Jesus told this story - (Luke 15:11-32) 

There was a man who had two sons. The younger one said to his father, "Father, give me my share of the estate." So he divided his property between them. Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had and set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living. After he spent everything there was a severe famine in that whole country, and he began to be in need. So he went and hired himself out to a citizen of that country who sent him to the fields to feed pigs. He longed to fill his stomach with the pods the pigs were eating, but no one gave him anything. When he came to his senses, he said, "how many of my father's men have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! I will set out and go back to my father and say to him, "Father I have sinned against heaven and against you, I am no longer worthy to call myself your son. Make me like one of your hired men." So he got up and went to his father. But while he was still a long way off , his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him. The son said to his father, "Father, I have sinned against Heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son." But the father said to his servants, "Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him! Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet! Bring the fattened calf and kill it! Let's have a feast and a celebrate! For this son of mine was dead and is alive again! He was lost and is found! So they began to celebrate."

Wow - I just caught something it says: "But while he was STILL A LONG WAY OFF. I'm still a long way off - are you? And yet our Father is standing there - knowing that we are "still a long way off" but He is anticipating our coming back to Him. Stronger, more committed, more determined. Doesn't that make you love Him ALL THE MORE? Are you smiling? You are - I feel it. You're a King's kid. I dunno about YOU but my chest is puffed up a little and I'm sitting a little straighter in my chair. Afterall - a "Princess" has something to be proud of, don't you think? Especially when her Daddy loves her - in every way possible.

1 comment:

Wendy L. said...

That ministered to me. :) 'Long way off', I love it, what a blessed revelation!